Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

I ain't seen a game this season but the impression I got when Evatt got the gig was that his teams pressed the opposition. What was that about six seconds to win the ball back then getting back into shape?

Sounds like we're just standing off (Couple, Chelsea)

Anyway, fuck it. Sounds like I'm missing nowt

16 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To be fair to him that's not his job, he's a left back.  For some reason IE thinks he can do the job of a winger.  I thought he did OK when doing the job of a left back and he's not bad at picking a pass.

His job is left wingback isnt it? I expect him to beat a player and put a cross in, once in a while. He's got pace but no nous or ability as far as I can see. 

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up this season is a total write off anyway if you can't go whats the fucking point?

Give the manager this season and if it looks like we are improving and nowhere near relegation see what he does in the transfer window in the summer when we aren't hamstrung by the embargo.

We've watched utter shit for years now one more is neither here nor there. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

It seems R2R is copping some flack, ffs the lads frustrated like the rest of us, he's gone and posted an off the cuff knee jerk reaction comment, it may have come across as racist, but I dont think that was his intention. 

Jumping on him like a pack of fucking hyenas is just as bad.

He's had a paddy that's all. 

And that's not Irish-ist.

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

His job is left wingback isnt it? I expect him to beat a player and put a cross in, once in a while. He's got pace but no nous or ability as far as I can see. 

Nor upper body strength, gets knocked off the ball too easily. Although having said that very little options and movement from midfielders and forwards. 

39 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The worst time in our recent history is when we were getting pumped ~5-0 every week and were about to go pop. It wasn't long ago. Get some persepective.

Fuck recent history. This is history full stop. We have never been lower in the league ever, than we are at this point.

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Liam Gordon should not ever get on the bench again - USELESS

Kioso - only first game he played well and he is dogshit - fuck off back to Luton

Gnahousa or whatever your called - is there a team in Africa you could play for because your also dogshit

Tom White - You might be Evatts mate but your dogshit and shouldnt ever play again

Only bit I'd fully agree with is White, who's blatantly none league and has been since day one.  Kioso played well in his first 3 games according to most, was terrible today but has got something, good tenacity and can win headers.  Just not sure of his best position because he's no winger.  Arthur looked half decent, linked play well, not sure who you were watching, he's got something.  Gordon is a substitute left back, that's his standard, he did OK but IE wants him to be a winger which he clearly isn't.

17 minutes ago, Traf said:

So, the upshot of the last eleventy pages is that we're shit and RUR2R is an old racist?

Old racist cunt I think was the allegation. Just for completeness

although the kangaroo court judges haven’t jumped on him so I think he’s been acquitted of all charges. 

3 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up this season is a total write off anyway if you can't go whats the fucking point?

Aye, I can see your point here.  It's a division of new grounds, it would be nice to visit a few next season. If we stay up that is

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Only bit I'd fully agree with is White, who's blatantly none league and has been since day one.  Kioso played well in his first 3 games according to most, was terrible today but has got something, good tenacity and can win headers.  Just not sure of his best position because he's no winger.  Arthur looked half decent, linked play well, not sure who you were watching, he's got something.  Gordon is a substitute left back, that's his standard, he did OK but IE wants him to be a winger which he clearly isn't.

He's not a left back either. I'd like to hope he might come good with some proper coaching, but on current evidence he simply doesn't have what's required.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

2nd half v Bradford, all Orient and all this game upto the 85 minute we went without a fucking shot on target! 

220 mins, not including injury time! 

Sarcevic decent shot 1st half, good diving save from keeper after a good move.  Not disagreeing with your sentiment, obviously is dire, but also Mansfield didn't really have shots on target (thank God) and we did have a couple of close one's first 20 minutes.  

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Yeah but it's our 3rd write off in a row so it gets tedious

Especially as it all looked so promising before we played league teams in pre season

He can have this season for me but it's still shite and worthy of a good moan

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fuck recent history. This is history full stop. We have never been lower in the league ever, than we are at this point.

I struggle to give a fuck about that, considering we nearly ceased to exist entirely just over a year ago. I support BWFC because I can't not. It's irrational, like Religion. I suppose you could say I was brainwashed as a child - but that doesn't ring true, because my dad doesn't think the same way I do. He was saying "EVATT NEEDS TO GO!" after 5 games.

I just don't get it when people give up and say "We're not winning, so I'm not supporting them any more" or "I'm going to abuse the people I claim to support because they didn't win". I'm probably in a minority, but I honestly don't understand that mindset. If you think like that, you might as well just switch your support every year to whoever wins the Premier League.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I struggle to give a fuck about that, considering we nearly ceased to exist entirely just over a year ago. I support BWFC because I can't not. It's irrational, like Religion. I just don't get it when people give up and say "We're not winning, so I'm not supporting them any more" or "I'm going to abuse the people I claim to support because they didn't win". I'm probably in a minority, but I honestly don't understand that mindset. If you think like that, you might as well just switch your support every year to whoever wins the Premier League.

Nobody is saying they will switch to another team or stop supporting Bolton. We are the lowest league position at this stage of a season ever and got a useless team; its worse than last season