Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Black Dog

Youri McAnespie

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are you getting out Youri, apparently (autumn watch info) the smell of earth or cut grass somehow mimics serotonin, and improves mood. Get into some leaf strewn woodland and kick some about.

Saw that video. Top advice👍 Apparently trees & plants release chemicals that lower our blood pressure & cortisol/stress levels.

Knew you were a tree hugger ;)

Take it easy Youri 👍

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Make it Karpackie 9% and we're on, Rudy.

Cheers miami, bd and all the other sound lads on here.

Raised me back up.

Thanks lads.

If you need owt, toilet roll, pasta, just ask

• Site Supporter

Its shit innit.

Remember thinking how much I felt under pressure, within a few weeks I'm turning my air bags off and planning which motorway bridge i was going to drive into. Had to wait for a day when my lad wasnt in nursery. 

Ended up quitting s good job, then the next job and took me about 2 years to get back where I was. 

Still pops back from time to time, I've been on propranolol for 3 years now to take the edge off.  Joining a rugby club helped lots, till I broke myself and I get grief off the missus now for wanting to go back playing. 

I know it's going to come back with a vengeance before xmas. 

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

'Kin ell back with a vengence

Not a "what's up hun?" Mumsnet post.

Not going to throw the towel in now or ever but it's hard at times.

Then again you dance with crocodiles and when the music stops...

two years in GERMANY  came home in lockdown not a pub or restaurant open i thought fuck me 

now Another lockdown and im 50 this month 

always look ahead thing will always get better 

thats what i tell myself every day 

stay strong pal

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, little whitt said:

two years in GERMANY  came home in lockdown not a pub or restaurant open i thought fuck me 

stay strong pal

You could at least offer to lend him Kermit for a couple of nights

24 minutes ago, little whitt said:

stay strong pal

50?

😅😅😅

• Members
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

50?

😅😅😅

Birthdays don’t count in Germany 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tell you what @Rudy need to get the jolly boys sorted once this shitstorm Is over. 

this place as full of cunts as it is has been a godsend for me at times amongst many others. 

Oh aye mate definitely. Need a right good blow out 

I had a major wobble last winter that took me literally right to the very edge and the thing that I took from it all is that you've always got someone to talk to and you MUST talk to them.

I've got a small group of lads I talk to on a fairly regular basis now and they've been a godsend.

But Gonzo's right, the ale's not really going to help in the long run.

We're a set of cunts on here, but we're always happy to listen to another one 😉

• Site Supporter

Fucking terrible illness to live with. Indescribable when you're in the grips of it. As others have said - try to talk to someone. They probably wont understand it, but talk to them anyway if you can. If you don't want to talk to anyone, don't. Just lie in bed, or do whatever it takes to pass the time, because you will be well again soon. Fuck everyone else. You can deal with them when it's passed. And it will pass.

12 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Its shit innit.

Remember thinking how much I felt under pressure, within a few weeks I'm turning my air bags off and planning which motorway bridge i was going to drive into. Had to wait for a day when my lad wasnt in nursery. 

Ended up quitting s good job, then the next job and took me about 2 years to get back where I was. 

Still pops back from time to time, I've been on propranolol for 3 years now to take the edge off.  Joining a rugby club helped lots, till I broke myself and I get grief off the missus now for wanting to go back playing. 

I know it's going to come back with a vengeance before xmas. 

That's a shocking story but thanks for sharing it.  We're all just a chemical imbalance from such feelings. At least you can recognise the signs now and do something about it. Take care pal

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Fucking terrible illness to live with. Indescribable when you're in the grips of it. As others have said - try to talk to someone. They probably wont understand it, but talk to them anyway if you can. If you don't want to talk to anyone, don't. Just lie in bed, or do whatever it takes to pass the time, because you will be well again soon. Fuck everyone else. You can deal with them when it's passed. And it will pass.

Lie in bed? Just feels worse surely, even though that's what the mind says it wants to do. 

Not sure about anyone else, but that's arguably the worse possible thing to do.

Movement and setting of a task or two per day; achievable goals, even if they are facile to most others, will start to give a sense of self worth. Got to get the juices flowing and the positive hormones.

15 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

If I don't reply I'm probably going for chips and gravy or on some brass site.

Hope you did both?

Hopefully today has found you in a better place. If you ever feel like a chat feel free to give me a shout and I'll happily lend an ear. You're only 5 mins away from me so will gladly go for a walk and a chin wag.

Just DM me. 👍🏾

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lie in bed? Just feels worse surely, even though that's what the mind says it wants to do. 

Not sure about anyone else, but that's arguably the worse possible thing to do.

Movement and setting of a task or two per day; achievable goals, even if they are facile to most others, will start to give a sense of self worth. Got to get the juices flowing and the positive hormones.

There's no right way to go about it. Everyone is different. I didn't advise Youri to "lie in bed", but if that's what he feels like doing, he should do it. If he's able to be more active, then great, but sometimes you've just got to sit it out until you feel well enough - then you can start being more pro-active. Telling someone in that situation to "just get up and crack on with things" is like telling someone with a broken leg to "run it off, you fucking wimp".

Edited by Cheese