Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Lee

barryk32

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Kane57 said:

How do you know it wasn't

What the fuck is that, you turnip. I didn't say it wasn't.

A simple question, based on the fact you were on the phone and couldn't see him.

I was curious how you'd managed to get into a conversation that had him saying who he was.

But hey ho, nowt like contrary cuntism.

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What the fuck is that, you turnip. I didn't say it wasn't.

A simple question, based on the fact you were on the phone and couldn't see him.

I was curious how you'd managed to get into a conversation that had him saying who he was.

But hey ho, nowt like contrary cuntism.

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

That’s really sad news, all contact with our history has now been severed. I can understand a restructure being made but I can’t believe that a complete clear out was necessary when outsiders are being brought in. Good luck to all of them and I hope they get fixed up with good jobs elsewhere, they deserve them after what they’ve done for our club.

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

There's no place for sentimentality these days.

They can join the ST if they care about the club.

Sentimentality? Nothing to do with sentimentality. Young players coming into such a historic club benefit from contact with players who’ve been there and done it and these guys have. Not just that but they’ve been successful in their roles and maybe if they’d been trusted a bit more instead of the likes of Parkinson and Evatt, we might not be facing losing our league status?

• Members
27 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sentimentality? Nothing to do with sentimentality. Young players coming into such a historic club benefit from contact with players who’ve been there and done it and these guys have. Not just that but they’ve been successful in their roles and maybe if they’d been trusted a bit more instead of the likes of Parkinson and Evatt, we might not be facing losing our league status?

And maybe if my Aunty had bollocks she’d be my uncle 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Our league position says otherwise

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lee had the academy players playing some decent football, and that was in the Parky era, seems a strange decision considering Evatts football philosophy, a coach who probably believes in the same way of how the game should be played, he's crying out for a coach, we have one, why not use him ?

Some on here don't seem to like him, not sure why, past behaviour ? wanting the job himself ?... and all during a shit period for our club and an influx of crap managers, yet Lee has remained pretty loyal, seems a proper decent bloke and has shown some ambition in wanting to be the manager, it doesn't warrant a reaction of good riddance and fuck off, imo anyway.

Great post.

Good luck David and thanks for everything 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lee had the academy players playing some decent football, and that was in the Parky era, seems a strange decision considering Evatts football philosophy, a coach who probably believes in the same way of how the game should be played, he's crying out for a coach, we have one, why not use him ?

Some on here don't seem to like him, not sure why, past behaviour ? wanting the job himself ?... and all during a shit period for our club and an influx of crap managers, yet Lee has remained pretty loyal, seems a proper decent bloke and he has done is show some ambition in wanting to be the manager, it doesn't warrant a reaction of good riddance and fuck off, imo anyway.

Can only echo that predictable response by some, let’s face it IE needs all the help he can get the mans drowning