Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, desperado said:

Crellin has to be be replaced, confidence has gone, worrying thing is whoā€™s there to replace him? Keeper situation a priority.

Quite a few positives in the performance, Fonz, the back 3, the 3 who came on looked promising. Might see more ofĀ Miller and Isgrove now theyā€™re in contention.Ā Canā€™t understand why Tutte isnā€™t starting. With Doyle to come back too, it just might be a shoot of positivity to cling onto.

This and this again. It's not the cup defeat that's the disappointment it's the manner of it.

Ā 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye, even other clubs fans have started noticing now.

I've played in front of better keepers at Sunday League, I went in goal every other game during a vets season, 46 years old, 5ft 7" and I was still better than that usual twat Crellin. Never dropped a clanger, blamed it all on the centre backs šŸ˜…

In your heels?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Lazy? šŸ˜‚ aye alreet

If you stopped doing the same thing as Baptiste (ball watching) and looked a little closer at them off the ball, youā€™d see the difference and how bad Baptiste was...chugging about, ignoring runners.

Santos was miles betterĀ 

Iā€™m sticking with it, based on todayā€™s performance Baptisteā€™sĀ mistakes were no worse or damaging than other players around him. Because of the season heā€™s had heā€™s an easy target.

FWIW I think Santos and Delaney are better players and have performed much more consistently this season. Iā€™m not saying Baptiste is the answer, just donā€™t think he needs berating today. Weā€™ll have to agree to disagree.Ā 

So first half we get battered, score a great goal and go in at half time level - would take that.

second half, start strong, but my god those 2 goals.

evatt - get crellin in the car and take him back to fleetwood now - he gives the defence no confidence and is costing us goals game after game and it canā€™t continue.

utter garbage

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Weā€™ve been so poor for such a long time, we were desperate to believe in IE. I still think it will come good - once the defence/keeper is sorted

And midfield surely?Ā  I'm struggling to see which part of the team is functioning.Ā  We dont look like scoring at home in league games, we havent got a clean sheet in us, despite having 2 good centre halves,Ā and the midfield are poor at defending, creating andĀ shooting.Ā  And a manager that clearly has favourites.Ā Ā I'm not saying he wont get some of it right eventually but right now its absolutely miles away.

• Site Supporter

I know I'm stating the obvious here,but here goes I've been watching football for over 50 years,I've little or no interest in tactics and I wouldn't know any of our current players if they were sat next to me now, but I know what I know and you build a successful team starting with number one ,the goalkeeper. Had we had a reasonably competent bottom division keeper around about 30 years old , minimum 6 foot tall well built we would probably have beaten a team from a division above us and be in the next round with a few more quid in the coffers.Ā  It's not fucking rocket science.Ā 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@jules_darby is right a pro 30 odd years old (Baptiste) and a reading and tracking that would see you dropped from a pub team.

Jules Nailed it, Baptistes positioning & reading of the game is shocking & he hasnt got the pace to recover. It was alarming at times when they were getting to the byline on his side & he wasn't even visible on screen.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye, even other clubs fans have started noticing now.

I've played in front of better keepers at Sunday League, I went in goal every other game during a vets season, 46 years old, 5ft 7" and I was still better than that usual twat Crellin. Never dropped a clanger, blamed it all on the centre backs šŸ˜…

4 inch studs on a rock hard pitch Mr Grey?Ā  You'd struggle to touch the bar in a game of 5-a-side pal!

** just thought I join in.Ā  You know we love you really xxx

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If evatt had joined half way through and not signed these players Iā€™d agree

but these are his players which he said would play open attacking entertaining football

I agree with that.Ā  He signed the players, then implemented a system that they blatantly aren't suited to, it was obvious after half a game against FGR.Ā  The full backs go from being 2 of the least important positions, arguably, to being absolutely pivotal to how the team plays, it doesn't take a genius to work out the plan falls down at that point with the players he's signed.

Why doesnā€™t the interviewer ask direct questions about Crellin and how bad he is?it seems like Evatt is holdingĀ Ā back on something, itā€™s obvious it needs to change ,but for some reason he wonā€™t dwell much on talking about the goalieĀ situation. Ā