Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

bLRTJDwj_bigger.jpg

Full time and Wanderers exit the FA Cup at the first round stage for the second successive season. Some of that goalkeeping/defending has to be seen to be believed. #bwfc

Not be long before evatt tells him to do one.

it’s one thing fans criticising player.

it’s another local paper constantly Popping.

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

In all honesty we don't know how much input Evatt had on recruitment, That fool Pheonix was said to be recruiting, Evatt might have made some suggestions, but ultimately it was down to the Ex Macc lad

I can't believe that White, Crellin and Baptiste weren't IE signings.  Doyle and Delfoneso (good signings) are ex-teammates, as is Gilks.  Add the 2 centre backs that cant be faulted.  Add Darcy, Crawford and Brockbank that were already here.  Add Kioso, Tutte and Jones that are acceptable.  So where are all these players foisted on him that he has to pick?  The left back - that's basically it.  And he is making it worse by playing the wrong formation.  IE has to take responsibility, its his team, his signings, his tactics.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ha ha, you join in Thorpey lad.

Missing the aways fella, hopefully won't be long until a Royal Georhe meet up 😃

Fingers crossed but don't hold your breath!  Winding me up this iFollow.  Turned it off after 85 mins midweek and we scored. Depressed the fuck out of me today.  A couple of Peters and a bottle of Cockburns and the smile is back!  

2 hours ago, snowball said:

surely you dont have to have hindsight to have a back up to a plan that involved pitching a young inexperienced 3rd choice keeper in at the deep end?

Alexander is barely out of school and has played one league game and when was last time Gilks actually played? He was only registered for emergencies as hes supposed to be GK coach first and foremost?

Had disaster written all over it from the off. Thats why im so annoyed. And the no sub goalie just makes us look even more pub league

Exactly.  As did the "wingbacks" thing, to a lesser extent obviously.  The worrying thing isn't making these mistakes, every manager does that, its how long is it going to take him to see the bleedin obvious?  

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Bolton news player ratings Crellin gets 3 and white 3.5 . Must  be lowest ratings ever given 

No, I think there was a game previously where Iles gave a load of 2's out and the previous owner wasn't impressed.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ha ha, you join in Thorpey lad.

Missing the aways fella, hopefully won't be long until a Royal Georhe meet up 😃

Fingers crossed but don't hold your breath!  Winding me up this iFollow.  Turned it off after 85 mins midweek and we scored. Depressed the fuck out of me today.  A couple of Peters and a bottle of Cockburns and the smile is back!  

40 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Bolton news player ratings Crellin gets 3 and white 3.5 . Must  be lowest ratings ever given 

Marc Iles commented that White doesn't look the same player as pre-injury.  He surely cant have got worse?  Genuinely don't see what he's supposed to bring to the team.  Like Gordon and Crellin, he's simply a non league player.  He's not having a bad day at the office, its like putting Delaney in the Prem and then saying he needs to work on a couple of aspects of his game.

• Members

To play possession penetrating  football you have to have everyone comfortable on the ball, and has the ability to pass, everyone to be able to move into space.

We don't.

Also everyone has to be super fit. They aren’t. Not close. 

We have to close down, when you close people down you have to maintain shape in more than one situation. We can’t.

It takes time. Time we don’t have. So the priority should be should be making ourselves hard to beat. Playing ugly, grinding out results, stopping teams playing because we don’t have the luxury of beating teams with nice football.

I don’t see IE abandoning his philosophies, nor should he.

My gut tells me he the right man at the wrong time.