Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Name The Ground


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck me, how far did you ride?

Let’s stick to battlenips 

  • Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Underpants said:

qE4isor.pngI reckon this is a toughie. Clues are there though.

Looks like the stand that caught fire at Bradford

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I am going to retract Burnley... The floodlights are wrong and that terrace would be the Bob lord stand is .

 

The terrace looks massive ...so big terrace with hills / moors to the right . None urban environment... I think I have stood on the terrace ... I could see owls when I was on it ... Not ones on trees though 🙂...  It was on a Wednesday in Sheffield when I went ... 0 - 0  whatmore led the line .

Sheffield Wednesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Underpants said:

qE4isor.pngI reckon this is a toughie. Clues are there though.

Based on the floodlights alone - reckon there are 6 in total if they were fully visible -I think this is Hillsborough 

First away game I ever went to about 1971 - night game under 6 lights 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Actually I am going to retract Burnley... The floodlights are wrong and that terrace would be the Bob lord stand is .

 

The terrace looks massive ...so big terrace with hills / moors to the right . None urban environment... I think I have stood on the terrace ... I could see owls when I was on it ... Not ones on trees though 🙂...  It was on a Wednesday in Sheffield when I went ... 0 - 0  whatmore led the line .

Sheffield Wednesday

Well done, Sherlock.

Hillsborough 👍

Edited by Underpants
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Based on the floodlights alone - reckon there are 6 in total if they were fully visible -I think this is Hillsborough 

First away game I ever went to about 1971 - night game under 6 lights 

I thought Hull were the only team with 6 floodlights. Was it a common feature back in the day?

Every day a school day

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Based on the floodlights alone - reckon there are 6 in total if they were fully visible -I think this is Hillsborough 

First away game I ever went to about 1971 - night game under 6 lights 

First in. Well done 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

I thought Hull were the only team with 6 floodlights. Was it a common feature back in the day?

Every day a school day

No idea - apart from the Car breaking down in Manchester and us going on the train from Piccadilly ( this was a league cup night match in 1970/71 and I was about 9 )  - couple of things stuck in my mind - an Electric Scoreboard which I thought was amazing - proper space age technology - looking back think they had installed it for the 66 world cup  - and the 6 floodlights - which was two more than we had at Burnden 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.