Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Christmas f**king Christmas...

Youri McAnespie

2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@Not in Crawley

Sock of cinders topped with a tangerine.

A stick and hoop.

And a drink-fuelled dressing down.

That's all we had and is perfectly acceptable in these austere times.

Aye, I'm all for that! Weirdly its a bit retro this year anyway, the eldest has asked for what is essentially a Dansette. Not too expensive, but the record i got her was thirty fucking quid!

This is usually my busiest time of the year but I’m shut. IF I open on the 3rd of December, I could potentially have to cram 7 weeks demand into 3. I’m not looking forward to it. 
Grasping, if that’s the right word for it, pays my mortgage and my taxes. Whatever is left over, allows us the little luxuries in life. 
Anyone can opt out. It’s not compulsory.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye, I'm all for that! Weirdly its a bit retro this year anyway, the eldest has asked for what is essentially a Dansette. Not too expensive, but the record i got her was thirty fucking quid!

Fuck mop - I still had a Dansette of my sister's (aspirin - ironing board) my late parents' pad - could've had it for nowt NIC.

Pray tell the record? A repress? Last time I paid £30+ it was for an original press of Steve Poindexter - Computer Madness and before that Incantation - Onward to Golgotha (red vinyl)...

Get on Discogs or Ebay, NIC.

Sainsburys? Fuck off.

16 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

This is usually my busiest time of the year but I’m shut. IF I open on the 3rd of December, I could potentially have to cram 7 weeks demand into 3. I’m not looking forward to it. 
Grasping, if that’s the right word for it, pays my mortgage and my taxes. Whatever is left over, allows us the little luxuries in life. 
Anyone can opt out. It’s not compulsory.

Not on about the grafters like you Boby.

The huge faceless cunts laying folk off left, right and centre and then poncing for xmas.

@Not in Crawley

In fact I have two 1210's not used in anger for years (Denon amp - sony speakers, soundlab mixer - yup shite).

She would have had them but they will not, I repeat not, be sullied by a HMV bought album of Harry 'talentless baghead - allegedly' fucking Styles.

I thought they were bust (HMV)? Not a crap singer with an alledged smack habit..?

• Site Supporter

A couple of weeks ago I went to my local Garden Centre to buy some mouse traps. It was like walking into Santa's Grotto on acid. Almost made me sick. I've been going there for years and they always go over the top - but this was something else. Christmas songs on full volume, machines blowing fake snow about, multiple life-size Santa and reindeer robots, staff wearing elf hats, elaborately decorated trees all over the place... In October. It was fucking mental.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

fuck christmas

I'll second that. Always hated it. Even when I was a kid. I enjoyed the presents, but just had a sense of pure guilt that my parents had spent a fortune on me and my sisters while they were struggling to make ends meet. No idea how I knew that at the time, but I did.

10 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@Not in Crawley

In fact I have two 1210's not used in anger for years (Denon amp - sony speakers, soundlab mixer - yup shite).

She would have had them but they will not, I repeat not, be sullied by a HMV bought album of Harry 'talentless baghead - allegedly' fucking Styles.

I thought they were bust (HMV)? Not a crap singer with an alledged smack habit..?

Ah he's not all that bad, plus she's 14, got to have your first pop star crush.

Our HMV is just full of middle aged blokes and teens buying vinyl and DVDs, along with those pop head dolls.

I’m looking forward to Christmas Day.  This is the first Christmas on my own, I’ll be watching Christmas films, Wonderful Life etc whilst chilling out and remembering the times i watched them with my brothers, sisters and parents as a kid.  Sounds rather sad that doesn’t it, but I think it’s pretty cool 😎.   No prezzies need be bought, all my nephews n nieces are in their 30s/40s, life is good.