Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

globaldiver

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I can accept some of them games being on TV but who on Earth thought Bolton v Rotherham would entertain people. I have no recollection of a TV game against them.

I think stoke was a red button job

Maybe the others were too

29 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I can accept some of them games being on TV but who on Earth thought Bolton v Rotherham would entertain people. I have no recollection of a TV game against them.

I'm fairly certain we've never been on against Rotherham (why would we?) unless we're counting red button?

But yes we did have a few defeats on Sky in that last championship season, not that we can claim the cameras being there had a detrimental effect on results!

Sort the goalkeeper situation out, play Tutte instead of White/Comley, stopping fannying about at the back, and kick the ball straight forwards instead of out of play from a goal kick...and we may have a chance

If we don’t, can see us losing 2-3 and Evatt, Gilles, Tobias will be under massive pressure. If we were allowed in the ground, I think it would have been toxic - a bit like that Hull Christmas game when Megson was in charge

12 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nothing wrong with the defenders it’s the midfield who are rubbish

We do not have a midfield. 

We have 5 at the back.

2 up front and 3 numbers 10s. (Saucey, Crawford and Darcy) 

23 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I see nothing but defeat. I'd love to see Crellin taken out of the firing line. But also let's see if that happens does it have an effect on the defenders.

This could destroy crellin, being on sky and making the obligatory 3 fck ups.     Surely evatt will have a heart and play gilkes,    crellin will be missing with illness.   

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

That's what I was just thinking

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I agree there is nothing wrong with the defenders but when they have calamity Crellin behind them it can change their decision making. 

This. Indirectly weakens the defence.

I agree that the midfield is the issue though. Too passive defensively, not dynamic enough no physically strong enough. Sarcevic had come good but is on his own.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Could say that with plenty of prem games now. Anyone v Burnley for example

yeah, but it wouldn't have been, it woudl've been a championsip game at best, a league one game at worst

I still don't think it was on TV though, was it?

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

yeah, but it wouldn't have been, it woudl've been a championsip game at best, a league one game at worst

I still don't think it was on TV though, was it?

I can’t remember us playing Rotherham away on tele. If at home must of been red button as I can’t think of it being on tele 

34 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Yes or Muamba we are clutching at straws for someone decent to play that role.

Campo will never be bettered in that role for us and he started life as a centre back

I absolutely love Campo but from a pure footballing point of view Speed was better in that role, a master at work.  Part of Campo's attraction was the limitations he had! (lack of pace, tendency to overplay).

20 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think that's looking wide of the mark judging by all the decent TV games listed above.  I'd be interested to know when we last lost on TV, if anyone knows.

2-0 loss at QPR when Mark Little was sent off. It was Saturday 3pm kick off so for overseas viewers only in theory. I am sure some pubs can get a feed from Europe - Greece, ROI or wherever.

It wasn't a classic.