Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

globaldiver

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye. They acknowledged it at half time.

Cracking win in the end, and should have been more comfortable. 

An unusual Friday the 13th.

Wife got a call earlier; she's won a weekend's use of an electric car, lad won a tank on his computer game, and we won a fucking match!

Tremendous. 

Where the fuck are you going to park a tank?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep I’d say Santos but fuck me what a difference Gilks made and his interview post match on Sky was class 

For us ifollow users, what did he say?

A bit shout out for tutte too. Some really timely bits of covering at the end showed class. Didn't switch off, helped his defence, and provided a platform for Sarcevic to shine. Still need more from Crawford, but hopefully a couple more professional wins might see more confidence in the final third.

• Site Supporter

Santos immense, Sarcevic excellent, Tutte solid, got to say a big improvement from Baptiste. Crawford was dreadful & needs a good arse kicking. I really expect more from the Fonz but can't fault his effort. All in all a solid team performance, most of them ran themselves into the ground. 👏👏👏👏

8 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Shows what happens when you've an experienced head in goal, organising and encouraging, back three looked superb, Tutte in front of them great second half, constant harrying, blocking and ball winning

There's more than one way to win a football match and, when we've been serially losing for years I'm quite happy to watch that 👍

It ain’t pretty but we found a style of play that’s delivered a win, fuck barrowcelona.

Not enjoyed a match for a long time. Got to be more to come from Crawford and Fonz never got into it really and yes our wing backs fifnt get forward much but our defence overall was fantastic. Who was it criticising Sarce and calling him fat? he is class.

Santos was my motm but Gilks Tutte Jones Isgrove Doyle back Fonz Miller all look like can make us get better. Good interview with Evatt options not just on bench but players coming back into squad .

COYW onwards and upwards

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

For us ifollow users, what did he say?

A bit shout out for tutte too. Some really timely bits of covering at the end showed class. Didn't switch off, helped his defence, and provided a platform for Sarcevic to shine. Still need more from Crawford, but hopefully a couple more professional wins might see more confidence in the final third.

Gilks got mom on Sky so they’ll nterviewed him after the game.

he was buzzin n smiley, spoke well.

said that he will be aching tomoz and prob lost his voice.

spoke highly of BC and said his difficulties are part n parcel of being a young keeper and that he will bounce back with the support of Joey Barton and Dave Lucas at Fleetwood and all the support staff at Bolton.