Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Wierd that.  A couple of weeks ago it was Neil Danns on Sky, said Sallford all afternoon.  They are so small nobody even knows how to pronounce their name.

Jermaine Jenas did it in the cup when they were non league.

Surprised at Neil Danns though, he's even from the North West.

24 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Sarcevic reminds me of Gazza with that barrel chested running style & his knack of out muscling opponents... He's not too shabby with the ball either 😊

I said exactly that to my mates tonight. When he goes past a couple of players he's just like him. Same gait.

1 minute ago, waddy256 said:

I get more of a Jan Molby vibe but I take your point.

At least we "get" him now.  At this level and maybe Div 1 he has something to offer in a Nolan type of way, he is clearly a leader on and off the pitch and has some quality (without looking like he'd ever play at Championship level).  What we haven't seen yet is the explosive shooting that he showed at Plymouth, he had a couple of poor efforts tonight but as with Crawford and Fonz, there is definitely more to come.

Loved that

Sarcevic mom, always dangerous and worked really hard with Gilkes a close second. 18 mins in and at least our Goalie boots it upfield instead of our of play

no fucking about at the back, big boot sometimes, never felt that worried that we would conceded

Evatt needs to play the same team now next week

There is a slight regret tonight that Evatt didn’t sort the goalkeeper situation out after the Cambridge game...but should be a real kick start that now COYFWM

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Can't be arsed going back, but has anyone checked on Hugh? 

There was far too much too be positive about tonight for him to be posting. He’ll no doubt be back in the morning having searched for some negativity to dwell upon 😊

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

For us ifollow users, what did he say?

A bit shout out for tutte too. Some really timely bits of covering at the end showed class. Didn't switch off, helped his defence, and provided a platform for Sarcevic to shine. Still need more from Crawford, but hopefully a couple more professional wins might see more confidence in the final third.

It was just “yeah I did the job that I needed to do” “I’m here as a goalkeeping coach” “”Crellin’s a good keeper”, etc, etc

Just totally professional. No slating Crellin and not trying to take the limelight 

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

It was just “yeah I did the job that I needed to do” “I’m here as a goalkeeping coach” “”Crellin’s a good keeper”, etc, etc

Just totally professional. No slating Crellin and not trying to take the limelight 

Hiya, I'm your coach. Watch me, but do as I say, not as I do

• Site Supporter

After the defeat the only thing Neville would agree to do was MOM. He would have chosen a Salford player but realised he would have been ridiculed, so he the next best option having to choose a Bolton player was Gilks, as if Salford had had a host of chances and but for Gilks would have won the game!  I loved IE response, so Gilks got MOM for his goal kicks 😂

Santos MOM by a long way  

14 minutes ago, desperado said:

After the defeat the only thing Neville would agree to do was MOM. He would have chosen a Salford player but realised he would have been ridiculed, so he the next best option having to choose a Bolton player was Gilks, as if Salford had had a host of chances and but for Gilks would have won the game!  I loved IE response, so Gilks got MOM for his goal kicks 😂

Santos MOM by a long way  

Santos for me too. Where were Reading this time that season? Other than 2 divisions higher

40 minutes ago, desperado said:

Santos MOM by a long way  

It was Lee Hendre who picked mom. He was the co commentator. They could only hear him shouting and screaming at the defence all night over everything else. Surely its no coincidence we play fucking ace defensively? 

Apologies if you're taking the piss im wankered 😁