Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

globaldiver

11 hours ago, Traf said:

Excellent tonight.
Baptiste's best game so far, Santos imperious. Everyone pulled their weight and the underrated Tutte was excellent.

I don't think Tutte is underrated by fans?  Of all the regular 1st teamers I think the only two consistently praised from their 1st appearances have been Tutte and Delaney. 

5 hours ago, hughmungus said:

And your happy with 4 on target, 3 weren’t really if you watch it again, at home in 90 mins.

For long spells we got stuck in our own half with no idea how to get out 

I know I’m jumping on the bandwagon here, but this is a ridiculous statement. 

Don’t you think the dictation of the game is completely different because of the scoreline?

We were ahead for about 80 minutes of the game. If it was 0-0 late into the second half, I’ve no doubt we’d have had more shots on target. 

The only statistic that matters in the goal tally. Fuck everything else. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I know I’m jumping on the bandwagon here, but this is a ridiculous statement. 

Don’t you think the dictation of the game is completely different because of the scoreline?

We were ahead for about 80 minutes of the game. If it was 0-0 late into the second half, I’ve no doubt we’d have had more shots on target. 

The only statistic that matters in the goal tally. Fuck everything else. 

Aye

And the clean sheet

That's what pleased me most, because of the fundamental change we made to get it

Can't see how you couldn't be happy with it

Edited by ZicoKelly

Credit to Baptiste yesterday, solid performance.

Gethin Jones can nail down the LWB position I'm sure, until we can get someone new in. 

If Gilks, Sarce, Doyle, Delf, Santos can stay fit, we should be aiming for 15-18 points from our next 9 games, which would take us up to the end of December.

Port Vale, Cheltenham, and Carlisle on paper are our hardest fixtures in that time as they're all Play Offs or higher.

Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Southend, Walsall, Tranmere and Morecambe are all very winnable games.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Credit to Baptiste yesterday, solid performance.

Gethin Jones can nail down the LWB position I'm sure, until we can get someone new in. 

If Gilks, Sarce, Doyle, Delf, Santos can stay fit, we should be aiming for 15-18 points from our next 9 games, which would take us up to the end of December.

Port Vale, Cheltenham, and Carlisle on paper are our hardest fixtures in that time as they're all Play Offs or higher.

Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Southend, Walsall, Tranmere and Morecambe are all very winnable games.

I agree with nearly all that except Delf. He has really disappointed me so far although admittedly carrying an injury recently. 

33 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Really?

5 goals in 14 games whilst carrying an injury.

Hope he keeps on disappointing at that rate of return

Yes. His general play has disappointed me, including last night. Can’t remember any game he has really been prominent.  Anonymous in the Mansfield game. I probably expected more from him though as he has played all his career at a higher level. 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Coming from you mate I take that as a compliment.

36% possession at home, that’s going to get the crowds rushing back when we finally can get in.

Winning football will

We had 40% and 39% when we won our other two games

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

I agree with nearly all that except Delf. He has really disappointed me so far although admittedly carrying an injury recently. 

Thought he did a job for the team last night and was double marked opening up space elsewhere.

• Site Supporter

I always said, throughout 45+ years of watching Bolton, that a 4-5 entertaining-as-fuck home loss doesn’t have the feel-good factor that a scrappy 1-0 win has. Entertaining football is way down the pecking order of what makes a football fan happy. Results are pretty much all that matters.

22 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’ve liked the look of Miller in his cameos, between the strikers we have, I think we’ll do ok for goals once all are fully fit

His link up play is fine but I don't ever really think we're going to score when he's up top. 

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I always said, throughout 45+ years of watching Bolton, that a 4-5 entertaining-as-fuck home loss doesn’t have the feel-good factor that a scrappy 1-0 win has. Entertaining football is way down the pecking order of what makes a football fan happy. Results are pretty much all that matters.

I don't know. That 3-4 home loss to Watford a few years ago (probably about 10!) was one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. 

Proper VFM.