Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

22 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

same when he played for us v Liverpool, scored a great solo goal at BP in 96 IIRC

two strikers from this era, for me, who had it all but never realised their full potential were Collymore and Duncan Ferguson

3 caps for England were all than Collymore managed, incredible really.

Just shows the level of good strikers we had in the Premier League at that time- Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand, Collymore, Wright, Dublin and more. 

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Neville is a wannabee boltonian. Played cricket in our league, lived most of his life here, tried to get his tellytubby house in our district. slagged us off. You can shine it up that he was there wit

I thought Gilks spoke very well then too  Great stuff

Who would have thought that a keeper talking and organising his defense would have such and impact on their confidence 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Naytch said:

Just shows the level of good strikers we had in the Premier League at that time- Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand, Collymore, Wright, Dublin and more. 

For all that PL talent there was only the first two really ever looked capable

I reckon they would've have more appearances than the rest combined, and certainly more goals

Cole and Fowler in particular were toss for England

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

For all that PL talent there was only the first two really ever looked capable

I reckon they would've have more appearances than the rest combined, and certainly more goals

Cole and Fowler in particular were toss for England

He was something else when he first came through at Liverpool though. One of the most natural finishers I've ever seen.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He was something else when he first came through at Liverpool though. One of the most natural finishers I've ever seen.

aye, him and Cole are two strikers who always seemed to score - lookign at Wiki - both were pretty much 1 in 2 strikers

England:

Cole - 1 in 15
Fowler - 7 in 26

Sheringham, who wasn't an out and out striker - 11 in 51

or maybe no out and out striker was going to displace Shearer, but instead just stand in when he got injured - can't really recall any other number 10s than Sheringham at that time

3 hours ago, Naytch said:

Dublin?!

• Horwich unpinned this topic