Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new Nürburgring - Rishton Lane

Youri McAnespie

Pair of c*nts racing - doing about 90 in their souped up shitboxes. Both sides of the road.

Nearly wiped out a van of lads on their way to their homes after grafting.

I'd have hoyed a brick but they were gone in 20 seconds.

Same place - Some old boy was mowed down and is brown bread in the past year - why are some folk such twats?

• Site Supporter

Getting ridiculous in Bolton and I presume everywhere else.

I've got a quick car and I'm forever getting young lads pulling up at lights asking me to race, even had one spin round after passing in the opposite direction and revving up behind me.

I know it's always happened but it's definitely worse than ever, probably due to social media clips.

Causing death by reckless driving used to be the offence if convicted, it's tantamount to manslaughter not attempted murder.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

London drivers are dicks, but then I guess I am cause you have to be to get around but not much speeding - too much traffic!

It's out in the sticks where it's really dangerous, kids in fast cars are doing 140 plus on the long stretches, traffic in town limits em, but as Daz Bob said 70 on CNR is not uncommon

2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

It's out in the sticks where it's really dangerous, kids in fast cars are doing 140 plus on the long stretches, traffic in town limits em, but as Daz Bob said 70 on CNR is not uncommon

Also no one tries to race me as I've got a seven seater people carrier. Looks like a royal mail van!

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Getting ridiculous in Bolton and I presume everywhere else.

I've got a quick car and I'm forever getting young lads pulling up at lights asking me to race, even had one spin round after passing in the opposite direction and revving up behind me.

I know it's always happened but it's definitely worse than ever, probably due to social media clips.

Causing death by reckless driving used to be the offence if convicted, it's tantamount to manslaughter not attempted murder.

I used to have a Type R years back and had loads of mither. Thing is it wasn't/isn't very quick compared to the latest hot hatches.  Fast cars these days can be doing 100mph when we were only hitting 60.

I drive what I would class as sensibly to be honest. I do have the odd moment of being a bawbag but tends to be more accelerating like a mad man cos the car will do it on a motorway or similar and never venture that far over speed limits. Always use cruise control on motorways. The time I got done was average speed camera and having a row with  the missus on the phone so no cruise control sadly. 

too many young dicks about and cars are getting more and more Powerful. Mine is over 400bhp and it’s actually scary. That in a proper dickheads hands and folk are dying 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I drive what I would class as sensibly to be honest. I do have the odd moment of being a bawbag but tends to be more accelerating like a mad man cos the car will do it on a motorway or similar and never venture that far over speed limits. Always use cruise control on motorways. The time I got done was average speed camera and having a row with  the missus on the phone so no cruise control sadly. 

too many young dicks about and cars are getting more and more Powerful. Mine is over 400bhp and it’s actually scary. That in a proper dickheads hands and folk are dying 

Same here, I got something to have fun in, but to be fair, I limit it it to slip roads on motorway at night.

It's become more an annoyance than fun. Can't deny that now and then I put my foot down when some dick in a BMW/Audi tries to pass at speed. Always when it's safe though. 

2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Same here, I got something to have fun in, but to be fair, I limit it it to slip roads on motorway at night.

It's become more an annoyance than fun. Can't deny that now and then I put my foot down when some dick in a BMW/Audi tries to pass at speed. Always when it's safe though. 

What motor is it ?

6 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

It's only a little Peugeot 208 gti, but it's got 208 BHP.

It does surprise some more powerful cars (at the risk of sounding like a boy racer)

Be like shit off a shovel that. I don’t race never have but even now I take satisfaction at bellends pulling up next or behind me in souped up sheds or things like the aforementioned s3 and just watching them fade into the Distance behind  on The motorway as they realise it isn’t an ordinary saloon theyve tried to barge past