Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newcastle U21s

desperado

Whoever plays, if they play "well" it has to be taken in context.  Not just that's its a dead rubber but if this was against Crewe or Shrewsbury at least its against an EFL team played in the style we have to face every week.  This is against U23s, its hardly even men's football, Newcastle aren't going to be pumping crosses into the box to test the keeper etc.  If it was an old style "reserve" game we wouldn't take any notice of the result or individual performances.  Same applies here, its an exercise in avoiding injuries and giving a run out to some players in the absence of reserve games.

If this had been in a normal season, it would have broken all records for lowest ever attendance.  I wouldn't attend this "competition" anyway but fair enough for those that want to see us get as far as we can in a cup.  Not even that possibility for this one, literally a friendly against U23s on a November evening with an early KO.

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If this had been in a normal season, it would have broken all records for lowest ever attendance.  I wouldn't attend this "competition" anyway but fair enough for those that want to see us get as far as we can in a cup.  Not even that possibility for this one, literally a friendly against U23s on a November evening with an early KO.

Would never go to this tournament but will be tuning in tomorrow. 

• Moderators

had we been allowed in, I'd have gone to this with my geordie mate, in the away end

and I reckon Newcastle would still have had more fans on than us - based on the time I went to Bolton reserves v Newcastle reserves for one of Kieron Dyer's numerous comebacks, geordies everywhere in the WSL

as it is, I'll check the score at full time

Edited by ZicoKelly