Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newcastle U21s

desperado

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nice finish but why’s Crellin legging out of the goal when the players covered, seriously this lad is no where near being a pro keeper.

I blame Greenidge for that, not Crellin. He could've easily outmuscled him but allowed him to easily get his foot to the ball and lob Crellin.

A positive to come from this so far is the likes of Greenidge, Comley, White and of course Crellin isn they're showing exactly why they shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I blame Greenidge for that, not Crellin. He could've easily outmuscled him but allowed him to easily get his foot to the ball and lob Crellin.

A positive to come from this so far is the likes of Greenidge, Comley, White and of course Crellin isn they're showing exactly why they shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI.

Keepers fault all day long, he is a disaster 

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Greenidge. Behave. He was Marking him. If crellin stays on his line it's an easy catch. Greenidge did fuck all wrong there. 

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Can't agree with that 

How does the guy score with a lob from there if Crellin doesn't run out .Crellin made it easy for him.If he stays in a deeper position the forward has to get clear of the defender & shoot from a angle. 

It's not the first time he's done it.

• Site Supporter
Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Yes keeper at fault there, if he stays on his line it's covered.

Aye, if he doesn't come running, the striker isn't going to try the lob. Maybe the defender could have been stronger, but equally, he can't risk being too physical so close to the box. Sometimes just shepherding the attacker is necessary until team mates are in position. 

I disagree with some f your observations regarding their first goal.

i thought it was an excellent pass out by BC but comley should have controlled it and turned forwards with the ball. We would then have sprung an attack and possibly carved them open? 

If u receive the ball from the keeper then u should know that the coast is clear to control, turn n move forwards, otherwise the keeper would not pass the ball to you in the first place.

Not for the first time BC is then caught slightly out of position and not “set” when their fella pulls the trigger. Golden rule for keepers is don’t get beat at ur near post , unfortunately he’s given him quite a large target to aim at.