Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newcastle U21s

desperado

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Was worth watching that just for the cameo from Thomason. Wasn't expecting him to look that good. 

He was class. Hit every pass and made a couple of good tackles.

I was willing to give Comley a chance since the whole team was a bit shit this whole start of the season but he's fucking shite. Gordon actually did a little better in the second half after another crap first 45.

All in all a positive game. Crellin has fucked it, Comley and White too. Rest of the lads can give themselves a pat on the back.

12 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, Esco & Radcliffe not impressed but he's been the best player on the park since he came on.

He looked like he was barely good enough to play for bamber bridge. I’ve seen him once but @radcliffewhite1 seen him twice. 

i would never in a million years have said he was a footballer or could ever be a pro in the 90 mins I saw. But wtf do I know 😁

• Site Supporter

Credit where it's due. At 2 down and not a lot to show, that was a fine come back. OK only an u23 side, but we weren't exactly flush with quality first teamers. 

Sounds like IE deserves credit for seeing that Thomason was worth recalling. Hopefully there is a player soon to come good for us.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

He was class. Hit every pass and made a couple of good tackles.

I was willing to give Comley a chance since the whole team was a bit shit this whole start of the season but he's fucking shite. Gordon actually did a little better in the second half after another crap first 45.

All in all a positive game. Crellin has fucked it, Comley and White too. Rest of the lads can give themselves a pat on the back.

Comley just doesn't seem to have any awareness. 

It's a shame we have no more of these cup games to give lads like Thomason and Riley a run out. The former has surely done enough in that 20 mins to give Evatt somethig to think about.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

He looked like he was barely good enough to play for bamber bridge. I’ve seen him once but @radcliffewhite1 seen him twice. 

i would never in a million years have said he was a footballer or could ever be a pro in the 90 mins I saw. But wtf do I know 😁

Better amongst footballers not cloggers?

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Better amongst footballers not cloggers?

There were 2/3 lads on each side that stood out massively more than he did. Genuinely offered absolutely nothing. Liked a tackle but other than that nothing. 

I’m no expert but if I didn’t know who he was and someone told me there was a player on loan from Bolton I would probably have given up guessing before I got to his name. 

Spent my tenner on Bolton ressies v Geordie u21s but quite enjoyed that so allowed my opinion;

Crellin - enough said already.  Poor at near post, no man's land for second, flapper, not good enough

Greenidge - big lad solid in the tackle but headless chicken with the ball at his feet and no awareness

Taft - solid and a bit like Delaney but less awareness around him

Mascoll - never a left back. Lacks pace and will never beat anyone.  Same up top but scored

Hickman - does averagely ok and willing to get forward

White - had high hopes but has gone backward to being slow and shite

Comley - winds me up this bloke.  Slow, predictable and scares the shit out of me every time he gets the ball.  If you want the ball, which is fair enough, get it in the right area and look to progress rather than an easy backwards pass that slows down any momentum and pisses off every fan watching and your teammates.  Closing on Crellin for the biggest liability

Gordon - tries his hardest and looked better at left back but poor

Darcy - first time he stood out for me in a game.  I know it was against Newcastle U21 but if he can replicate that in a competitive match then all good.  Big ask though

Miller - didn't see much of him

Isgrove - first 45 I couldn't tell him from Darcy but he did ok without anything too penetrating

Henry - don't think he touched it

Gnahoua - does ok but runs a bit, no Eoin 

Thomason - the bright spark.  Something about this lad that will hopefully impact on he first team

That's it.  Back to the booze to celebrate.

25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What the fuck do I know probably why I’m still at work and not a coach😀

He’s very ungainly in his running style and perhaps why he’s not at first glance someone you’d pick out, but he looks decent on the ball, strong in the tackle and covers the ground, long way to go but a bright start.

Spent my tenner too , thoroughly enjoyable game .
2-0 down due to a few cock ups in a dead rubber ...trying too hard.

Played some lovely stuff at times  and scored 3 goals to win 3-2  happy days .

Greenidge is a beast but when he piles forward he left Taft to answer for everything ala Mark fish  , Darcy looked the part ...
NoHairhaha was impressive again and worth a start .
Playing to instructions that didnt suit the majority but at least they are trying ....need to be allowed to put foot thru ball at times ...Its Div 4 after all .

Good game , pretty happy and a bit squiffy !

• Moderators

Ba tonight, but seen the goalsfolk have posted

Nowt to add, other than a couple of thoughts on the first goal

If comley quickly moves it to a white shirt, then its a good ball from crellin as about 3 of theirs are out of the picture

But, anyway, after the fuck up, should greenidge not be killing himself to get back to the danger

He may not have managed,  but surely you try