Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newcastle U21s

desperado

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

In about 20-30 years when we are reminiscing about the dark days in League Two in the time of coronavirus we'll be laughing at how shit Crellin was. 

Crellin and to a lesser extent Comley and 1 or 2 others, will be infamous blots on our historical landscape and none of us will have ever seen them play!

34 minutes ago, snowball said:

Comley was awful from those highlights and usual suspects. 

The highlights don't show the half of it.  They also don't show how bad White was either.

Having seen it back a few times I think I was harsh on Greenidge and a little too kind on Crellin for their second.  Whilst Greenidge could still have done a little better, and taking nothing away from the quality of finish, Crellin had absolutely no reason to be where he was.

That said, Greenidge was extremely poor overall.  Tried to play like Santos currently does but was a very poor version and doesn't seem to be able to use his considerable size to shield the ball.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, DazBob said:

That said, Greenidge was extremely poor overall. 

Is “extremely poor overall” a backward step or an improvement on his last time out?

Was it against FGR where he was all kinds of shit?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

He's not improved.

I know. I took a look at the FGR thread and he got plenty abuse. Most of it, I recall, was for jogging for the ball when Evatt had proclaimed him as a sprinter. I reckon I’d have caught the cunt!

I have no wish to see him play for us again.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I know. I took a look at the FGR thread and he got plenty abuse. Most of it, I recall, was for jogging for the ball when Evatt had proclaimed him as a sprinter. I reckon I’d have caught the cunt!

I have no wish to see him play for us again.

Of all the signings, Greenidge is the most puzzling.  What a CV - loans to Ipswich and Port Vale and didnt play a game at either; 6 games at Ebbsfleet, 19 at Hemel Hempstead, 38 in 3 years at 2 Norwegian lower league clubs and got relegated at one.  And he kept Delaney out of the team initially.  I'd love to hear the rationale behind this signing, was he a mate of Matt Gilks?