Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A) 21st November

Mantra

• Site Supporter

Scruffy win. Belting save from Gilks but that shot of Doyle’s wouldn’t have gone through a wet buff.

Fonz didn’t look interested and neither did Kioso. Baptiste and Santos quality   
For this league.

For me though, Gethin Jones went about his job, minimum of fuss and solid. I like Tutte too. Poor mans Karl Henry

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Phew ☺

Wins a win at this stage, 3 points and moving up the table.

In other news: James Henry has bagged for Oxford v Wiggin for a 2-1 win.

For Madine fans, he's bagged the winner for the Donkey Lashers at Peterborough.

And that stump bagged a brace for Hull.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Scruffy win. Belting save from Gilks but that shot of Doyle’s wouldn’t have gone through a wet buff.

Fonz didn’t look interested and neither did Kioso. Baptiste and Santos quality   
For this league.

For me though, Gethin Jones went about his job, minimum of fuss and solid. I like Tutte too. Poor mans Karl Henry

Funny how we see different things

Santos good generally but shit for their goal, whereas I thought Kioso did alright again and cost us nowt

Tutte for Comley is as big a change as Gilks for Crellin; what I don't get with Evatt though is we'd seen the difference a few weeks back but he went back to Comley after for a couple of games...

Disappointed we didn't cruise it after the first 20 odd mins but a win is a win!

Our GD is wank, let's hope it doesn't cost us

• Site Supporter

That goal at the end of the first half, changed the way we approached the 2nd half. We were in control, then first chance they had and they scored. Didn’t start 2nd half great, but got back into it but didn’t know whether to stick or twist. 

But who gives a fuck, it’s 3 points and 4 off the play-offs

2 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

If Gilks had started 6 games ago we'd be top 6 now.

Correct.  That shot was in all day against Crellin.  Infuriating that IE has chucked points down the drain this season with the keeper situation and to a lesser extent games for White and Comley.  But happy with the 100% record since the changes were made, long may it continue.  Santos MOM (as usual).