Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A) 21st November

Mantra

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not getting too giddy but we are close to the play offs without ever getting close to what I think we can do.

If we keep pace/gain a few points between now and January, a couple of tweaks and I firmly believe we can push for top 3. It’s a shit league, confidence will get you many points

Yeh you're spot on, i've yet to see a decent side in this division and there is so much more to come from us i feel.

Onwards and upwards

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

They're all poor in this league, but we can't treat Scunthorpe any different to the others.  In last 8 days won 2 aways and denied a 3rd win in 93rd minute today.  Tiny margins between top and bottom.

They only scored in 91st minute though.

Still, maybe I’m thinking too much about last time we went there but it will be a tough game

The timing of their goal was a bugger, gave them a lift for the 2nd half after they were looking well beaten & left us looking a bit unsure whether to stick or twist......but overall we deserved our win & i liked the winding down  the clock stuff  at the end. 

Gilkes is nice & calm in goal, Jones was good....just a shame he's not left footed !.......Sarce looks like a leader, & Santos easily MOM.

Hurrah.

• Site Supporter

For too many saturdays over the last 3 or 4 years, I’ve felt like shit and wanted football away from my thoughts. Makes so much difference when we win no matter how we play.

Still not back in love with the game but a few wins and I’ll grow back into it.

We’re Bolton Wanderers, we’re on our way back

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

For too many saturdays over the last 3 or 4 years, I’ve felt like shit and wanted football away from my thoughts. Makes so much difference when we win no matter how we play.

Still not back in love with the game but a few wins and I’ll grow back into it.

We’re Bolton Wanderers, we’re on our way back

Well said Dave very much where I’m at 

4 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Was like watching Brazil, we will piss this league.

Evatt should be managing much higher than 3rd Division.

Don't like to say it but I told you so !

I wanted him sacked after conceding 5 at orient and refusing to drop the keeper and the team looking a total shambles couldn’t see it changing. 
But glad we didn’t as long as   we look like we’re going the right way which we do now happy to stick with it on the ups and down  🤛. Just no more orient games 😃

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

We need to reconsider this standing in the penalty area when taking goal kicks. It just invites pressure on. I get he wants to play football but once the keeper is going long it cause a lot more problems than it solves. 

Depends how they do it. If we have 3 looking for the ball, the opposition have 3 looking to press, a quick long ball to out 2 up top while they have 3 up field, if we win the knock down, we can break.

All about making the right decisions quickly enough

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Depends how they do it. If we have 3 looking for the ball, the opposition have 3 looking to press, a quick long ball to out 2 up top while they have 3 up field, if we win the knock down, we can break.

All about making the right decisions quickly enough

Aye, I thought the same. I don't mind it if we set up that way to drag them forward and create space, then go long. We did that a couple of times today.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

no one can say the second half performance was good enough.

great save by gilks , if it had gone in i think my prediction would have happened.

long way to go before this team is getting promoted.

sorry to piss on  some peoples chips.

To a great extent it’s all about results and not performances.

I agree the 2nd half was poor though

2 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

no one can say the second half performance was good enough.

great save by gilks , if it had gone in i think my prediction would have happened.

long way to go before this team is getting promoted.

sorry to piss on  some peoples chips.

It was poor, we still created a few chances and I never thought we'd properly lost control of the game  like we id against Bradford.

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

To a great extent it’s all about results and not performances.

I agree the 2nd half was poor though

Not great as a fan but we’re gonna see more if this type of display, very professional and Sam Allardyce like, reminded me of the game at Man City when Anelka scored 2 first half and we just managed the game out. I’m buzzing it’s actually first time for about 10 years where we’ve a system, Santos and Tutte are central to it and both were superb. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not great as a fan but we’re gonna see more if this type of display, very professional and Sam Allardyce like, reminded me of the game at Man City when Anelka scored 2 first half and we just managed the game out. I’m buzzing it’s actually first time for about 10 years where we’ve a system, Santos and Tutte are central to it and both were superb. 

santos always has a cock up in his game, against salford we got away with it, today we got punished, same with delany.

i know we are not premier league ,but  mistakes can be man managed out.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

That's just the level we're at. I think Santos and Delaney are up there with the best in this league.

I agree and include Baptiste in that now he has a keeper behind him he has confidence in.

Not sure I’d fancy Delaney or Baptiste in L1 and def wouldn’t fancy Gilks but let’s get there first before deciding. More than good enough at L2