Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

5 Subs

desperado

Yeah don’t agree with this, especially bizarre to change rules during the season. 

I imagine that I’ll find it infuriating at some point in the season, when we’re narrowly behind and the opposition have an excuse to slow the game down on five separate occasions. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

When they did this in the Prem I thought they limited the number of times you could make subs to 3 (so 2 subs twice, plus 1).  That would make more sense, 5 different subs x 2 teams could be 1 every 3 minutes in the last half hour.

I agree. If the Science behind this has driven the change, to protect players, then I don’t have a problem with it. But it becomes farcical if you can break up play 5 times. Hope they do implement this rule, if they’ve not done so already. 

So you could possibly have the game stopped 10 times ( 5 per team ) say in the second half for substitutions ? Sounds shit . Then 5 minutes added on at the end for substitutions  think it’s 30 seconds per substitution and whatever is added on for injuries could be 10 minutes added time 🤔

Edited by Farnywhite

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

There’s too many injuries happening , fatigue levels are up , small tears and strains  are up, injury teams are getting overwhelmed, it had to happen 

Thing is, I'd have thought all PL managers would be up for this

I know Klopp is, but, saw Dean Smith talking about it recently and he was against it

Guessing it's the big strong squads that are up for it, and that gives them advantage over the weaker ones

Because the scenario you describe must be happening to all squads?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

I know Klopp is, but, saw Dean Smith talking about it recently and he was against it

Guessing it's the big strong squads that are up for it, and that gives them advantage over the weaker ones

We must be massive then IE wanted 9 on the bench 😂

• Members
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Team I’m part of has never been busier, it’s not even so much injuries but it’s managing fatigue, no winter break either this season it’s going to get worse. Look at Liverpool, Gomez Dijk TAA all out indefinitely. 

It’s a bit shit for the game admittedly but it’s necessary come the second part of the season, especially with the Euros next year.

League cup, Papa John’s (ffs) should have been potted, FA Cup should be one game and pens, there’s the argument about not making money but they’re not going to take gate receipts anyways