Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pretty Vacant ?

leigh white

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I once was at a firm when a new MD was appointed. He ruled by fear, without doubt had a negative effect personel.  Seemed to like putting people on edge or putting them down (I was young at the time and he had a sarcy pop at me after I'd 'discovered' something as part of my work in the labs).

An absolute de-motivator.

However, at the same time I'd been let down by the company secretary etc and not been put into the company pension scheme, and lost entitled contributions. Basically other folk not doing their job.

In the end I had no option but to report it, the same MD listened and by the end of the day the payments I was entitled to were sorted.

So a fair bloke, yes. A cunt yes. Capable- overall don't know as he was only there for a few months!

It could've been that he was fair, but it could also have just been that he realised an employee not getting paid their dues would reflect poorly on him, in a direct sense, as MD. Self-preservation, if you will.

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

A black racist - good one.

What next, a Jewish Father Christmas? A Muslim pig farmer?

A persons skin colour isn’t any consideration in determining if an incident is to be recorded as a racist incident. 

Ive posted this before. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

How do you know she's out of her depth, have you worked with her, do you know the department she works in ?

Ok, I'll get to that. But first of all lets tackle the fact you are excusing a senior minister who has been found guilty of breaching codes of conduct by an independant body. Why? No other minister has ever kept their job after such findings, neither should she.

Out of her depth. Okey dokey. Even if you ingnore the fact she was booted out of government three years ago after she held unsancitioned meetings with foreign diplomats and lobbyists whilst claiming to be representing HM government which should have ruled her out of taking such a senior position in the first pace. And even if you push aside the fact that directly because of her the civil service lost the permanent secretary to the home office with Sir Philip Rutman's resignation, then today's resignation of Sir Alex Allan, the independant advisor on ministrial standards. Even with all that forgotten and to one side. This is a home secretary that has;

Overseen a flawed policy on migrants that encourages people in the UK without immigration status to leave voluntarily making it harder for them to get jobsm rent property and access public services - which in turn means the number of voluntary returns has fallen since the policies were introduced. It does the exact opposite of what it was intended to do.

Meaningless posturing about bringing the Royal Navy into the channel to control imigration, which was ridiculed by her own party during the summer migrantion issue. Also wrongly accused the rench government, which then had to be acknowledged as wrong.

Voted against gay marriage, against her own party in invstigating the Iraq War - completely behind even mildly progressive backbenchers

Cooked up an insane plan to move immigrats to Ascention Island in the S.Pacific. even if you disgegard the human aspect of this, who thought that was a sensible, logisically achievable plan?

Is currently completely making a hash of the Windrush compensation packages - despite agreeing that all of the recomendations that were made would be met by the government and then the suffered the resgation of a senior member of the scheme because it was fundementaly flawed. She's even described it as complicated. Not something you expect to hear.

Flip flopped on the death penalty, rowing back when it was causing her harm.

Since she has risen to any sort of office, there has been a consistancy in her failure to get anything really done, and senior collegues have repeatly said that if she doesn't understand something, she'll just bulldose through. She lacks the basic competacies for a home secretary. The HS, should have been at the front with the MP to help steer us through this pandemic, the greatest issues in living memory for this country. Where is she? What has she done?

She is popular with the grass roots, because she dogwhistles things they want to hear. They don't get followed through, she has no other strong public servant beliefs othr than her own agenda to power and that is not enough for her to follow in the footsteps of Pell, Palmerstone, Gladstone, even Amber Rudd....

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

By the christ NiC, that's sluffy-esque, you obviously feel very strongly about this, send that to Boris and see if he changes his mind.

Apparently another senior Civil Servant has contradicted her statements in her interview. More to come I reckon. Didn't come across too well in the interview neither.

Fwiw I'm beginning to think she's fucked- seems to be struggling with the pressure of the role. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It could've been that he was fair, but it could also have just been that he realised an employee not getting paid their dues would reflect poorly on him, in a direct sense, as MD. Self-preservation, if you will.

Yeah, maybe.

He was a cunt, maybe a consistent cunt with everybody 😃 

9 hours ago, mickbrown said:

She didn't know the difference between terrorism and counter terrorism. And she's the home secretary? As I said, thick as fuck

I seriously don’t think she’s thick. She has a potty mouth though it seems.

From the BBC website.

In his findings, Sir Alex said Ms Patel "has not consistently met the high standards required by the ministerial code of treating her civil servants with consideration and respect" and cited examples of "shouting and swearing"

Discusting behaviour.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Nowack said:

The counter argument is that I have also met people who have these traits who are very clever, the response is borne from frustration. Frustration at the inabilities of those around you, the character Gordan Ramsey springs to mind. I do not think that she falls into this category. 

In both cases they can be fair.

Also reasonable. 

In her case, I get the impression she is respected and capable to an extent, from the level of support from other backbenchers, who aren't averse to giving a thumbs down to a minister by doing the opposite.

Seems the pressure maybe a struggle for her and it seems some pushback by individuals within the department. Whether that's because of her manner or desire to shake up the home office, who knows. Either way though, to succeed fully, she (nor indeed any minister) can't continue to alienate herself in such a way.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Rishi Sunak ain't black...

Lammy would wipe the floor with Kwarsi.

I've put a score on at Ladbrokes on Lammy leading our country as first black PM before the end of the decade. 20/1.

Fishing surely?

Anyway, Rishi pisses all over your mon. I reckon he'd do Lammy in a straightener too- lean and lithe as opposed to his opponent. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Also reasonable. 

In her case, I get the impression she is respected and capable to an extent, from the level of support from other backbenchers, who aren't averse to giving a thumbs down to a minister by doing the opposite.

Seems the pressure maybe a struggle for her and it seems some pushback by individuals within the department. Whether that's because of her manner or desire to shake up the home office, who knows. Either way though, to succeed fully, she (nor indeed any minister) can't continue to alienate herself in such a way.

I suspect it might be that they feel her approach to the overseeing of the Home Office is representative of the views of, and supported by, many of their voters.

In that sense, she's valuable.

2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Priti face but there's a reason all the photos are cut off at the neck

Just reminded me, anyone been watching the latest Nigella cookery stuff? 
It’s all getting a big sexist.

To be fair though, at least Youri keeps a balance. Never knew that about the Rock. Not sure if it’s on this thread.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I suspect it might be that they feel her approach to the overseeing of the Home Office is representative of the views of, and supported by, many of their voters.

In that sense, she's valuable.

Absolutely. Suppose that's the decision they've got to make: let her carry on and get the post brexit set up sorted and balance that with any political damage.

I did hear something earlier of suggestions that she's received a less than warm welcome because of her more working class background. Again, don't know validity of such claims.

Certainly seems that this government wants to shake up the civil service and putting a number of noses out of joint.

28 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

By the christ NiC, that's sluffy-esque, you obviously feel very strongly about this, send that to Boris and see if he changes his mind.

Sorry, was wasn't it? Apologies. I've been sat at my laptop all day just writing, think it was just an extension of that (including appalling spelling)

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Suppose that's the decision they've got to make: let her carry on and get the post brexit set up sorted and balance that with any political damage.

I did hear something earlier of suggestions that she's received a less than warm welcome because of her more working class background. Again, don't know validity of such claims.

Certainly seems that this government wants to shake up the civil service and putting a number of noses out of joint.

A working class female born of immigrant parents upsetting a Harrow educated senior civil servant. Did someone use the phrase ‘bullying’?

Owen Jones will be all over this. Won’t he?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

By rolling on him?

Sunak would have him with his eyes shut. A ninja using the force.

Lammy has also studied Kung-Fu, Krav-Maga and Drunken Boxing.

Rishi has studied 'having two fights in his entire life - in which he scratched and slapped his opponent like a girl'...

Lammy would muller him.

30 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I seriously don’t think she’s thick. She has a potty mouth though it seems.

From the BBC website.

In his findings, Sir Alex said Ms Patel "has not consistently met the high standards required by the ministerial code of treating her civil servants with consideration and respect" and cited examples of "shouting and swearing"

Discusting behaviour.

I don't mind the potty mouth. Fucking obviously

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Lammy has also studied Kung-Fu, Krav-Maga and Drunken Boxing.

Rishi has studied 'having two fights in his entire life - in which he scratched and slapped his opponent like a girl'...

Lammy would muller him.

Just found this:

https://www.tatler.com/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-rishi-sunak

Didn't read it all, but look, a star wars fan, so clearly a mastery of the force as I predicted. 

All that physical work getting up the Yorkshire hills- he'd have Lammy in a puddle of his own piss, shit and sweat before finishing him like Leia with a chain.

Anyone into the semi-homosexual soap opera Star Wars is nailed on to be unable to knock the skin off a rice pudding.

Lammy would thoughtfully make him go onto the grass, not wanting him to hurt him badly when he fell - banging his head, then boom! a Lammy left hook and Rishi falls down like a sack of shit.

Edited by Youri McAnespie