Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Aussie SAS

MickyD

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Might just be me but the people pushing for the hounding of armed forces who have been in a war situation seem far less offended about innocent members of the public being beheaded on French and British streets.

Which people are these?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And a thousand new jihadis are reborn...

Like they need this for an excuse. FFS, they want to kill folk for uncovering their hair, wearing bikinis, licentiousness and/or lasciviousness and a myriad of other perceived morally corrupt behaviours.

It's the fuckers who have sought this out and publicised it who have much to answer for. Do gooder touchy feely types still feeling guilt about our earliest ancestors crawling out of the oceans and claiming the land which rightfully already belonged to single cell organisms and volcanic gases.

• Members
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Might just be me but the people pushing for the hounding of armed forces who have been in a war situation seem far less offended about innocent members of the public being beheaded on French and British streets.

What a bizarre comment. 

Anyways

I think it was @Maggie Tate on here years about and he explained it brilliantly as to why there is no reason for it. Countries like Britain and America go to places like this to try and resolve peace and no matter what they have done if they surrender they should be captured, because as a first world country  we go to show that our morales and values are better than theirs, if we are breaking the Geneva convention we are stopping to their level.

• Members

Not bizarre in the slightest. The hounding of our militaries who have been involved in war situations including bombings, shellings, IED's, sniping etc. and may well react in stress induced ways beyond the comprehension of Joe Blow sat sipping a skinny latte at Starbucks does not sit well with me. What happens on tour should stay on tour.

Oh, and you do make a very good point. The UK and the US would be far better served staying the fuck out of these hellholes and let them sort their differences out themselves. Hopefully we have learned this.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
Just now, bolty58 said:

Not bizarre in the slightest. The hounding of our militaries who have been involved in war situations including bombings, shellings, IED's, sniping etc. and may well react in stress induced ways beyond the comprehension of Joe Blow sat sipping a skinny latte at Starbucks does not sit well with me. What happens on tour should stay on tour.

Again, we don’t go to these countries to stoop to their level, we go to these countries to show we are better than them. Executing them isn’t right, no matter what.

You can be outraged by one story, and not by another, they’re not linked

What happens on tour...

Jesus Christ

@bolty58

Presumption yet again.

You don't have the foggiest what I've been through.

You've never served.

If I remember rightly you, around the time of the Arena bombing accused Kent of living in a cotton candy happy clappy eyes wide shut world.

When in reality - the reality we inhabit, not the one observed from the other side of the world, he pointed out he'd spent all night picking shrapnel out of people post the bombing.

Even if he was the worst kind of Taliban, which seems unlikely, that was a summary execution - we are supposed to be better than that.

SAS soldiers are meant to have to strongest mindsets in the world and have gone through the most vigerous psychological training and testing known to man kind.

Theyre prepared for the horrors of war, not normal life.

Was the slitting of the throats the same guy or regiment?

• Site Supporter

These weren’t some 17 year old, shit scared squaddies who’d been thrown off a chinook and into a hail of crossfire.

These were the best soldiers on earth who’ve been through the harshest training known to man.

They shot a young, unarmed farmer in a quiet wheat field.