Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Aussie SAS

MickyD

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know I’m off at a slight tangent but you have to question the government increasing defence spending while freezing public sector workers pay, seems like Boris gifting Labour a free pass next election, perhaps he’ll leave a note for the next chancellor, “there’s nowt left” 

Yeah it seemed a bit odd to me, I know the government is concerned about growing cyberattacks, which I assume costs a lot of money but freezing public sector money and building a space command isn’t going to win him votes.

Or maybe it will, I have no idea what people want anymore 

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah it seemed a bit odd to me, I know the government is concerned about growing cyberattacks, which I assume costs a lot of money but freezing public sector money and building a space command isn’t going to win him votes.

Or maybe it will, I have no idea what people want anymore 

We all pissed ourselves at Donald's Space Force.

Then up pops our dickhead. 😀

At least they have NASA. What are we going to do? Bellend

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know I’m off at a slight tangent but you have to question the government increasing defence spending while freezing public sector workers pay, seems like Boris gifting Labour a free pass next election, perhaps he’ll leave a note for the next chancellor, “there’s nowt left” 

He'll be off within six months anyway, he probably doesn't care either way. I do agree it seems a bit strange though

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

And not talk about it? Why not?

What theyve done is as bad ISIS beheading folk.

Act of terror to me.

Talk all you want. Didn’t say anything contrary to that.

You know full well however that a tide of social media pre judging will go on without people being in possession of full facts.

So long as that doesn't influence the investigation and its outcomes, all is well.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Talk all you want. Didn’t say anything contrary to that.

You know full well however that a tide of social media pre judging will go on without people being in possession of full facts.

So long as that doesn't influence the investigation and its outcomes, all is well.

I  know you don't like to speculate on anything where a court case is yet to come

but

what facts could change the perception that this was a cold blooded execution?

I doubt you could be swayed from thinking it wasn't as it looks, just because someone on twitter doesn't like it

• Site Supporter

Had he asked his colleague “Is this the target?” And a case of mistaken ID had taken place, then yeah it’s just them doing their job.

The fact he casually asks “shall I drop the cunt” suggests this farmer was not part of the operation.

But I’m no expert. Unless reading a few Andy McNab books counts?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At the announcement yesterday, can't recall a single Labour or lib democracy mp disagreeing with the spending increase. SNP made it into a reason for independence so no surprise there.

Obviously the usual comments about it being overdue etc.

Far from being a something to divide parties it is something to bring them together.

How its paid for will become the issue.

Wife just had her first increase for a number of years and this freeze is actually shorter than the previous one. Not really surprising its happened but it will piss off a lot of them.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I  know you don't like to speculate on anything where a court case is yet to come

but

I doubt you could be swayed from thinking it wasn't as it looks, just because someone on twitter doesn't like it

I agree, based on what we've seen. Apparently its not just this one, over 30 cases.

It appears, as gonzo says, an execution.

Trouble is its around 30 seconds. Obvious question is what were they doing there, clearly looking for an individual or individuals, with a spotter helicopter. So perhaps intel about a someone who has killed folk etc. Just don't know what the background is.

Clearly the fella is going to be 'done' for it, its just the circumstances behind it all that need investigating to produce a proper punishment and maybe provide a different way of operating. For example could they be experiencing ptsd or some such, and do soldiers need more mental evaluation before going out to prevent it happening?

Maybe Royal can offer more information.

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Had he asked his colleague “Is this the target?” And a case of mistaken ID had taken place, then yeah it’s just them doing their job.

The fact he casually asks “shall I drop the cunt” suggests this farmer was not part of the operation.

But I’m no expert. Unless reading a few Andy McNab books counts?

But if they go is this the target? And he’s not holding a weapon or bomb vest, he doesn’t get to just kill him does he? Surely he then is captured and faces trial?

Look I’m not a sympathiser or a pacifist but cmon 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

But if they go is this the target? And he’s not holding a weapon or bomb vest, he doesn’t get to just kill him does he? Surely he then is captured and faces trial?

That's certainly as it appears. 

If it was a find and kill mission (assuming such things exist) then perhaps they'd have just stayed in the helicopter and done it from there. So, again it asks questions. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Without knowing the “mission” it’s hard to say.

When the yanks went in for Bin Laden, everyone except women and children were legitimate targets. I suppose there’s a chance these Aussies were taking out bomb factory and anyone there was up to no good.

The video, clearly, suggests it was an execution since he was unarmed and could have been captured.

Need all the details but, as it stands, it looks barbaric. Ironic, given us western types are supposed to be the civilised ones.

See what emerges.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

but

The only thing I can think of which would legitimise this is if the “farmer” has a weapon and was reaching for it. We weren’t there so aren’t in a position to judge.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

The only thing I can think of which would legitimise this is if the “farmer” has a weapon and was reaching for it. We weren’t there so aren’t in a position to judge.

I'm not sure its even a matter of legitimising his actions. Understanding what led to it to determine any major problems within the unit etc is the important bit.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree, based on what we've seen. Apparently its not just this one, over 30 cases.

It appears, as gonzo says, an execution.

Trouble is its around 30 seconds. Obvious question is what were they doing there, clearly looking for an individual or individuals, with a spotter helicopter. So perhaps intel about a someone who has killed folk etc. Just don't know what the background is.

Clearly the fella is going to be 'done' for it, its just the circumstances behind it all that need investigating to produce a proper punishment and maybe provide a different way of operating. For example could they be experiencing ptsd or some such, and do soldiers need more mental evaluation before going out to prevent it happening?

Maybe Royal can offer more information.

fair enuff

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

"You want me to drop this cunt?

You want me to drop this cunt?

You want me to drop this cunt?"

dunno about you but I'm more than comfortable with my position of judgement

29 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

"You want me to drop this cunt?

You want me to drop this cunt?

You want me to drop this cunt?"

dunno about you but I'm more than comfortable with my position of judgement

I can't imagine ever having that much disrespect for another human's life that those words would exit my mouth.

Apart from if it was Jonny Evans.