Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rats in the loft

glennboltw

3 hours ago, Dimron said:

This is a little un learning his trade... they need to learn that to avoid being nipped they have to get in quick and launch the rat breaking it's neck... there was a famous Manchester called Billy who used to tour the pubs and fairs in the Bolton area... could do over one rat per minute.

Just looked him up he was credited with 100 in five and a half minutes once!

Horrible.

Rats have a right to exist but not in human dwellings. When they are in the wrong place they need to be exterminated.

Our predecessors knew how to keep the numbers down by having a predator such as a mouser or a terrier as a house pet, rats aren't thick they'll move on if they know they are going to be twatted.

Poisoning is disgusting, rats have no peristaltic reflex and will slowly choke.

Get a Manny Terrier... my little fucker doesn't stand for any nonsense. He's coming up to 13yrs old next month and took a lump out of next doors cat last week when it got out of line.

Squirrels, Pheasants and Rats don't stand a chance so they stay well away.

But (and this is important) he knows his place and is very playful with kids and other dogs.

As the mill owners all knew, they are brilliant dogs, the rats will soon move out and MTs love football kick ups.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The glue mats are horrific.  A lass I knew was terrified of mice in her house and put one down.  It's squealing was that bad it woke her up.  They've been known to gnaw their own feet off in an attempt to break free.

Yeah I think it’s quite Common to find them just with their feet attached to them the morning after

My beagle will see off foxes, my collie will go for anything, voles , shrews, mice , rats, moles, badgers he’s  fuckin fearless

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Yeah I think it’s quite Common to find them just with their feet attached to them the morning after

My beagle will see off foxes, my collie will go for anything, voles , shrews, mice , rats, moles, badgers he’s  fuckin fearless

Bring him to Port Vale away.

No runners.

11 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The glue mats are horrific.  A lass I knew was terrified of mice in her house and put one down.  It's squealing was that bad it woke her up.  They've been known to gnaw their own feet off in an attempt to break free.

The carpets in the Trotters were like that

Remember the carpet from the executive suite? & Up the stairs.

Beautiful carpet.

Anybody got a bit of it?

Fingered a girl in the executive club one night, i was totally spasticatacted  she was maybe looking her extra special best, stunning at the time .  Maybe the taxi driver thought other wise.

Anyway great times in Bolton, fuckin luv the place.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Get a rescue cat and sling it up there, eventually it'll get hungry - et voila, problem solved.

Then a bag for life, a brick, Bolton Canal or Braddy Lodge and it's au revoir to a moggy that's served it's purpose and is now redundant.

Just use miamis cat?

Miami has a cat? I hope he has a flap...so the cat shats outside.

Prefer dogs but don't mind cats - but having a tray of piss and shit in the house? Nah.

Worse when the shit tray is in a kitchen.

And them pawing shit then hopping onto worktops? Nah.

Get one for pest control and after its done the job - well, if you've not the stomach to drown it, just pick it up, all affecionate like then open the backdoor and dropkick it out of the house. It'll get the message and piss off to ponce Whiskas off someone else.

Edited by Youri McAnespie