Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunday papers , does anyone bother any more

crawshawbooth

Visit the outlaws most Sunday Mornings . ( up Wallbank). Quaint little estate ( imagine the Johnson Fold surrounded by trees and a big hill) over a whats really a drawbridge up Whitworth. Pick up the People and Sun for her Dad. Me and him escape to the "big shed" Read the papers , listen to Jazz and generally talk shite " 

So yes i do buy Sunday papers . 

1 hour ago, embankment said:

Visit the outlaws most Sunday Mornings . ( up Wallbank). Quaint little estate ( imagine the Johnson Fold surrounded by trees and a big hill) over a whats really a drawbridge up Whitworth. Pick up the People and Sun for her Dad. Me and him escape to the "big shed" Read the papers , listen to Jazz and generally talk shite " 

So yes i do buy Sunday papers . 

I love talking shite

thats why i post on here 😃

I get electronic access to all the papers through lads uni.   Most of them don’t cover L1 & L2 at all.  Pages of shit about scousers, mancs and cockneys regardless of whether they have played or not.

FLP has Crawford as MoM today. Decent finish but writer must have been at a different game to me.

In Big Sam’s column in the same he says things are finally looking up for us - incisive comment.

10 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

£12 this way but went in early to put the bags together 

My mates son does our village, he gets paid £27 per week, or takes him just over an hour. He also only does Monday to Saturday, as he can't be arsed with Sunday, which another lad does and gets paid £10 for, takes about two hours that one, as it needs two bags

• Members
8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

My mates son does our village, he gets paid £27 per week, or takes him just over an hour. He also only does Monday to Saturday, as he can't be arsed with Sunday, which another lad does and gets paid £10 for, takes about two hours that one, as it needs two bags

£27 a week!

Kin’ell hope the workers in my basement don’t find this out. 

24 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That’s very good dosh for a young lad

Some money in your village sweep 

Youngest does round 7 days a week for twenty quid.  Only takes 1/2 hour mon-fri. Always thought Sunday would be the killer but few drop off.  The Saturday is ridiculous with all supplements. End up picking them up in the car to get half chance of getting to football if he has early KO. 

Almost time for the Xmas card drop. He got £150 in tips last year.

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That’s very good dosh for a young lad

Some money in your village sweep 

If you get your paper delivered, I think it costs an extra £1 per week, hence being able to pay a half decent wage to the lad. Most of the kids round here can't be arsed getting up early to do it, as I think when he's on holiday or ill, then nobody gets a paper delivered.

• Members
5 minutes ago, green genie said:

Youngest does round 7 days a week for twenty quid.  Only takes 1/2 hour mon-fri. Always thought Sunday would be the killer but few drop off.  The Saturday is ridiculous with all supplements. End up picking them up in the car to get half chance of getting to football if he has early KO. 

Almost time for the Xmas card drop. He got £150 in tips last year.

Err mate, not to be a grass but I think he might be dealing