Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe (A)

Zico

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If we play as well as that in the rest of the games we will definitely get automatic promotion

Need to keep these key players fit and bring in some more quality during the transfer window

Tutte, Santos, Doyle, Sarcevic are miles above anything else in this division.

Fantastic spine, but I would worry if any of them got a long term injury.

Had BBC Radio Humberside on my stream and they were best commentators ive heard for long time. identified Tutte as key man very quickly.  said we were an attractive side good shape and totally bossed second half. reckoned we will be right up there.

First half they reckoned Baptiste might be weak link given his age and way teams set up. admitted second half he had been very good though. 

Thought we looked a proper team ok we should have scored more and had a dodgy spell at end of 1st half but Evatt has us playing football weve not seen since Bruce. Hugh Mungus will be eating humble pie by January. 

3 minutes ago, awandering said:

Think you are maybe missing the key position, an injury to Gilks would probably be the most damaging.

I do think some of the others who maybe didn't impress earlier in the season may look better coming into a more confident team.

Didn’t have much to do but what he does he makes look easy that cross come shot in the second half which was heading in   he got a hand to  great save 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, snowball said:

Had BBC Radio Humberside on my stream and they were best commentators ive heard for long time. identified Tutte as key man very quickly.  said we were an attractive side good shape and totally bossed second half. reckoned we will be right up there.

First half they reckoned Baptiste might be weak link given his age and way teams set up. admitted second half he had been very good though. 

Thought we looked a proper team ok we should have scored more and had a dodgy spell at end of 1st half but Evatt has us playing football weve not seen since Bruce. Hugh Mungus will be eating humble pie by January. 

listened to the same, as you said they were very good in their comentary, not biased and complementary about our style of play

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I had another nibble at 33/1 on Sunday (after taking 5/1 at the start of the season 😂)

Same here. Tenner each way at 40/1 having had a fiver at 6/1 and a tenner each way at 6/1. Got a fiver on us to get promoted at 8/1 as well. Win the league and it’ll easily cover next year’s season ticket! There again, I thought it was a shoe-in when I got giddy last season and backed us for the top 6 at 1500/1 when we drew 0-0 with Blackpool. 

16 minutes ago, darrener said:

Another professional performance just like Saturday. Tutte mom, also thought Delfonso had a good game. Team looks more confident with Gilks in goal. Let's grab a few goals against Southend on Saturday. Evatt not looking to bad now his he. 

It is strange how people see a game. Delfonso for me looks way off the pace as though he is carrying an injury. 
He looks like a player who is not playing to his max potential. Then along came the goal, he was brilliant. Just find him frustrating. 
I am not going all Hughmungus as I think we have not seen the best of him or Doyle. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Ani said:

It is strange how people see a game. Delfonso for me looks way off the pace as though he is carrying an injury. 
He looks like a player who is not playing to his max potential. Then along came the goal, he was brilliant. Just find him frustrating. 
I am not going all Hughmungus as I think we have not seen the best of him or Doyle. 

Didn't see tonight's game, but whenever I've seen Fonz, I've not been impressed. That said, we've got a team doing well so can understand his presence in the 11.

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think you're right about him being below par and right about him possibly carrying an injury. He showed what he can do when he's on it, though.

Gilks - did sod all apart from yell a lot. Not even sure he bothered getting a touch on that cross that hit the bar

Baptiste - ran loads, tackled, headed. Must be absolutely knackered at his age after this shift

Santos - man mountain this lad who scared us to death a while back.  Tho' shalt not pass

Delaney - just get rid of it down that line. That'll do lad

Jones - grow a left foot, but if you keep running, that ball ain't coming back any time soon

Sarcevic - last night's kebab played it's toll but broke up play and 'got rid of it'

Tutte - 'kin excellent lad.  Long may it continue

Kioso - he'll sleep well tonight.  Up, down, up , down, up, down, goal.  Those were the days

Delfonso - pain in the arse last couple of games but a wiggle and a pass and we've scored.  All forgiven

Doyle - at his age he needs it on a plate.  Came looking for scraps but didn't get fed.  He will tho

Crawford - like that bird in the disco you'll never pull, frustrates your arse off but hopeful that one day it'll happen

Subs - think I saw some blond hair lads running around but a few too many ports to be certain

First 11 sorted!