Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Petrolheads

Rudy

• Members

Any petrol heads on here? 
I had the pleasure of taking a Brand New G Wagon for a 5 minute drive today, fuck me now that is some serious piece of engineering 

Got me thinking about the best and worst cars I’ve driven and what I would Love to have a go on

Best is my E30 M3, it’s 30 years old and is still an utter beast of a car.

Worst, some gimp drove into my Focus RS and the courtesy car was a Citroen C3 Cactus. Just a hideous  and dreadful piece of crap

One day I’m getting a DB7, still IMO the best looking car ever made, even better than the DB5

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Any petrol heads on here? 
I had the pleasure of taking a Brand New G Wagon for a 5 minute drive today, fuck me now that is some serious piece of engineering 

Got me thinking about the best and worst cars I’ve driven and what I would Love to have a go on

Best is my E30 M3, it’s 30 years old and is still an utter beast of a car.

Worst, some gimp drove into my Focus RS and the courtesy car was a Citroen C3 Cactus. Just a hideous  and dreadful piece of crap

One day I’m getting a DB7, still IMO the best looking car ever made, even better than the DB5

The issue I have with the G-wagon is that its as ugly as shit, it's not a box, its the box the car came in

• Members
15 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

The issue I have with the G-wagon is that its as ugly as shit, it's not a box, its the box the car came in

I love how it looks, old school right angles. It’s why I love my M3

• Site Supporter

I'm not at Clarkson levels when it comes to brum brums. 

Had loads of cars though. Latest was a Merc E class which I found very underwhelming. Just a badge innit?

Quite honestly, the car I think I loved the most was the Saab I had a few years back. It was the only car that ever felt like anything other than an engine, wheels and metal. Had the engine retuned by a mate and it was like a fighter jet.

Fastest car I had was a BMW 335i. But again, all just felt a bit clinical.

First car was a Vauxhall Astra and as shit as it was, will always have a soft spot for them. #virgin

Did a track day at Jonathan Palmer and drove an F1 type single seater. That was just fucking mental. 0-100mph and back to naught again in 3 seconds.

• Members

@Spider my owd fella had a Saab 9-5 and it terrified my mam l, so much so she took lessons so she could drive her own and not get in that again 

Never had a Merc but I’d like one at some point but I’m quite picky about Mercs I like

Had an Audi A3 fuck me that cost some money all parts cost a fortune never again. 

The RS was like nothing else, off the line it was quick but through a corner my word it stuck to the road proper rally car 

Have a Tesla now and it’s nice but too nice but it blows my mind the speed an electric car can accelerate at 

Favourite car i ever had was a Nissan 200SX. Loved that car even though going round a wet roundabout could be a little lively.

Worse car was a Fiat Bravo. Everything that could've gone wrong did do. Never bought an Italian car since.

... well until a few weeks ago :)

• Site Supporter

I loved my old 325i Sport. It had a peach of a V6, not the fastest but a lovely car to drive. I also liked my CTR as the engine was manic but the ride was just too firm.

Worst was probably a Saab 9-3 Convertable the missus had. Nice low pressure turbo engine but the shuttle shake was appalling. The interior was interesting to say the least.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Favourite car i ever had was a Nissan 200SX. Loved that car even though going round a wet roundabout could be a little lively.

Worse car was a Fiat Bravo. Everything that could've gone wrong did do. Never bought an Italian car since.

Ditto re the 200SX.

Bright red & shit off a shovel.

Great fun to drive but it was always a temptation to overtake whatever was in front.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Years ago I had a Fiat Brava as a hire car with work for 2 weeks. Utter dog shit. Puny whiny engine and understeered like a shopping trolley. Horrible grey plastic everywhere inside.

Which reminds me of a Citroen AX my mum had, appalling car.

I’ve got a Nissan Leaf which is great for local journeys but someone run into it on a car park last week.

I insisted on an EV as a courtesy car and expected either another Leaf or something similar so when they turned up with an Audi Etron I was somewhat surprised.

Fantastic luxury car that’s like sh1t off a shovel but at £70k I won’t be buying one.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, freds dad said:

I’ve got a Nissan Leaf which is great for local journeys but someone run into it on a car park last week.

I insisted on an EV as a courtesy car and expected either another Leaf or something similar so when they turned up with an Audi Etron I was somewhat surprised.

Fantastic luxury car that’s like sh1t off a shovel but at £70k I won’t be buying one.

I'd be forgetting to go back for the Leaf

• Members
6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Unless you've ever driven a Lada Riva without PAS, you don't even know how shit a car can drive.

Currently driving a Merc E-Class, it's extremely comfortable although a tad biddyish - but i'm a tad  biddyish, so it's ok.

I fancy a BMW X6 with all the bells and whistles.

My mother in law works for BMW, I sat in the X6 it’s stunning inside it really is, ginormous mind, didn’t get to drive it though but it’s a BM so it’ll be the bollocks 

The wife had a Pug 106 when she first passed her test, fucking awful thing.

My favourite car i've had is my Suzuki Swift, nippy as fuck and lots of fun to drive round town.

My Dad's VW Passat was the nicest to drive on long journeys.

But i bloody love my Citroen Picasso enough poke so it doesn't hang around but comfy and roomy for boring dad stuff