Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Petrolheads

Rudy

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely, wondered that all the way along. 

Standardised units you could swap over for ready charged ones. Pay your fee and do one.

They would have to get weight down. Theres a big leap in batteries overdue given advanced in materials in last few years. 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Problem is the tech. That’s in hand it will come. . It’s the charging infrastructure that is missing. That’s where the key developments need to be running alongside the tech and moving at least as quick 

Correct. As a country we don't produce anywhere near enough power to charge all these vehicles, let alone have the "charge stations" required.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Sweep said:

Correct. As a country we don't produce anywhere near enough power to charge all these vehicles, let alone have the "charge stations" required.

We currently use a lot of energy in distilling oil to get our fuels. That usage will go back into the grid. 

The continued expansion of off shore wind etc needs to grow.

Have a feeling that lorries are going to use bio methane, hydrogen etc.

• Members
13 hours ago, Sweep said:

I just put a good hour into the fist master EV2000 into the generator, Tesla is good for 200 miles. Win win

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We currently use a lot of energy in distilling oil to get our fuels. That usage will go back into the grid. 

The continued expansion of off shore wind etc needs to grow.

Have a feeling that lorries are going to use bio methane, hydrogen etc.

Was reading about a Welsh car (River Simple Rasa) that uses hydrogen to generate the electricity to drive the motors..

He was saying there's 30 million cars in the UK - no way can they be switched to cars with rechargeable batteries. 

Hydrogen cars - 5 mins to fill your car up and off you go.  That's the future I reckon.

Weird looking little car though.

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Was reading about a Welsh car (River Simple Rasa) that uses hydrogen to generate the electricity to drive the motors..

He was saying there's 30 million cars in the UK - no way can they be switched to cars with rechargeable batteries. 

Hydrogen cars - 5 mins to fill your car up and off you go.  That's the future I reckon.

Weird looking little car though.

The lad at the Lexus garage reckoned Hydrogen-Electric hybrid is where they are going

19 hours ago, Rudy said:

My mam has just got a new Mercedes ECQ, so I was looking at the spec 40 mins to charge then stumbled across this article

Car batteries fully charged in 5 minutes

The technology for Electric cars is going to be incredible in a few years 

I've ordered my first electric car. Won't come til Sept. Will prob take me to 2023 to get used to electric charging etc

• Members
37 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I've ordered my first electric car. Won't come til Sept. Will prob take me to 2023 to get used to electric charging etc

I love my Cars mate but getting an electric is the best thing I’ve ever done 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Aye, that was my thinking too.

You'll not be able to walk down a street without tripping over a charging lead.

Massive h&s issues with them thought. 

Lot of carpet cleaners I know have these massive machines that basically a petrol engine on back of a van with pipes into the house. 

Gotta have ramps, warning signs, bright cables etc. 

I wonder what will happen to the petrol carpet cleaning machines. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, tomski said:

Did anyone go with the electric car? I think I’m going to take the plunge. Work have it as an option now. Even the negatives sound good 

Bloke at work has a Tesla, not that he's been able to drive it much of course. Reckons he can get just over 300 miles out of a full charge. It's ace on the company car tax as well.... As in there isn't any

• Members
59 minutes ago, tomski said:

Did anyone go with the electric car? I think I’m going to take the plunge. Work have it as an option now. Even the negatives sound good 

Yeah have a Tesla through work, it’s brilliant