Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Petrolheads

Rudy

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

@Blondiare you looking at a newish car mate? If so give me a shout as I can help you out . I also had a c43 last year. Loved it. 

The C43's I've been looking at are about 27k for a low mileage one, I like the grey and the blue, think there is a nice dark red colour that they do, but probably a newer model, which colours do you think are the most desirable and is the saloon a better choice over the coupe? 

10 minutes ago, Blondi said:

The C43's I've been looking at are about 27k for a low mileage one, I like the grey and the blue, think there is a nice dark red colour that they do, but probably a newer model, which colours do you think are the most desirable and is the saloon a better choice over the coupe? 

Saloons are better imo. I had selenite grey for mine. Ive also had brilliant blue and cavansite blue in others. 

give me a shout as I can get you a car with less than 10k on for same money as you will be looking to pay. But I’ve only got one more I can do this year pal as we are restricted 

• Site Supporter

Cars are a sore issue atm. 

Had my Passat for 3 years, not a single issue, then some pillock drives into me and it all goes wrong..

Engine management light came on and i've spent so far about 800 trying to sort it. It's had new wiring loom, new in engine loom, (sits in the engine), new egr valve, 2 replacement injectors, new low pressure fuel pump, new battery and engine management light is STILL ON!

It's back at the garage now as they are replacing the O rings on the injectors, I'm not certain at what point to call it quits and get rid, but I can't with the engine management light still on. 

I'd just buy another Passat, and it's basically spending more money to get the same car..

Took the decision 3 years ago to fork out for a car rather than cheap motoring, and managed 3 years of trouble free.

Insurance though, don't get me started on that con!

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Blondi said:

Yeah I know, a bit odd, it's just that I have a chance of buying an S3, mint and low miles off a mutual friend, but too boy racey for me, the C43 is the car I've been looking at seeing as though my hair is now grey!

Audi a3 sport. We bought one as it's still quick, but looks like a normal Audi, few subtle things to make it sporty, and again, not hit by daft insurance.  Think it's 170 bhp atm, going to be getting it played with at some point "for fuel economy"... cough cough

3 hours ago, tomski said:

Yeah seems so. I think my BIK would be £20. I like the idea of giving it a go. 

Not at a Tesla but I think my electric option is a Hyundai Kona at a nice spec. It’s just whether it’s big enough is my biggest concern now. Also have some decent hybrid options. 

Be careful, don’t get that same breaks for hybrid as you do for 100% leccy Tomski 

• Members
7 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Audi a3 sport. We bought one as it's still quick, but looks like a normal Audi, few subtle things to make it sporty, and again, not hit by daft insurance.  Think it's 170 bhp atm, going to be getting it played with at some point "for fuel economy"... cough cough

I had a A3, because it’s so low and rigid it gripped the road like you wouldn’t believe. 
I had mine remapped to stage 2, the suspension needed to be softer  IMO 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@only1swanny

Other budding Arthur Daleys can tune in tomorrow for video tutorials on; patching up rusty sills with papier-mache, putting sawdust in gearboxes, cracking eggs into radiators and retreading bald tyres with a stanley knife...

If the mechanic can't sort it with his VAG specific laptop, i've got no chance with something for a couple of quid from ebay, but thank you for sharing.

It was throwing error codes like a pissed up enigma machine, they advised to change the whole wiring loom, which sorted it, and then an injector imploded, taking the fuel pump with it. The injector was showing as a fault before the re-wire, but so were about 5 other things of which there was nothing wrong with. 

Hopefully it will come back right as rain. 

5 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

If the mechanic can't sort it with his VAG specific laptop, i've got no chance with something for a couple of quid from ebay, but thank you for sharing.

It was throwing error codes like a pissed up enigma machine, they advised to change the whole wiring loom, which sorted it, and then an injector imploded, taking the fuel pump with it. The injector was showing as a fault before the re-wire, but so were about 5 other things of which there was nothing wrong with. 

Hopefully it will come back right as rain. 

Stick some black insulating tape over it instead then.

Anyhow, it wasn't about finding and fixing the problem, it was about negating the grassing bastard light until you could palm it off on some other plum.

article-2534348-14C8C21C000005DC-450_634

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Stick some black insulating tape over it instead then.

Anyhow, it wasn't about finding and fixing the problem, it was about negating the grassing bastard light until you could palm it off on some other plum.

article-2534348-14C8C21C000005DC-450_634

took the bulb out on my citroen distpatch. Took it to a mechanic (different one), and said "engine lights on".. "you bought a citroen.. what do you expect".