Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce

Spider

• Members
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Remember seeing a documentary of Adrian Chiles interviewing Megson

He did Sheffield to West Brom daily

When Chiles was the host for England games for ITV he was doing his intro outside the ground my mate shouted CHILES CHILES CHILES! He looked up and my mate shouted WANKER.

He just said thanks and gave the thumbs up. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

WBA drew at City last night so can't be that bad, & with Sheff Utd already looking like goners & taking one place, there must be a reasonable chance of WBA staying up.

At Burnley’s expense? 👍

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

WBA drew at City last night so can't be that bad, & with Sheff Utd already looking like goners & taking one place, there must be a reasonable chance of WBA staying up.

going to be tight now

Sheff U def gone

Burnley's squad looks stale to me, like it's not changed in years, but, they are grinding out results and in half decent form

Fulham can't defend for shit but have plenty in attack which will work against shitter teams, but they could easily get spanked by the well drilled teams

WBA - Alladyce will make them hard to beat, just got to hope they have something up top

Brighton easily in the mix

hard to call

probably Sheff U, Fulham and Brighton right now

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Pablo said:

They could have stayed up with Bilic, its not like they are way out of it.

Strange decision.

Agree.

Sam's got form for relegation scraps as we know, but looking at WBA last night, they worked bloody hard and didn't appear to have lost faith in their gaffer.

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

When Chiles was the host for England games for ITV he was doing his intro outside the ground my mate shouted CHILES CHILES CHILES! He looked up and my mate shouted WANKER.

Did something similar to Kenneth Clarke at Trent bridge in 2005 Ashes series  saw him trying to sneak into his car at the back of the Pub near the ground.  Shouted  Kenneth to him as he turned around and waved I shouted yer FAT BASTARD 🙃

• Members
30 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Did something similar to Kenneth Clarke at Trent bridge in 2005 Ashes series  saw him trying to sneak into his car at the back of the Pub near the ground.  Shouted  Kenneth to him as he turned around and waved I shouted yer FAT BASTARD 🙃

It’s just hilarious there was a video of someone doing it to Phil Neville

There was a crowd of us sat outside the Larwood and Voce pub next to Trent bridge he thought he’d got away with it when he sneaked into his car everybody turned round and started cheering . He was a good sport to be fair gave us a knowing smile and rolled his eyes . 

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Remember seeing a documentary of Adrian Chiles interviewing Megson

He did Sheffield to West Brom daily

There seems to be more "played/managed both clubs" links with WBA than most clubs.  Megson, BSA, Darby, DeFreitas, Sneekes, Bob Taylor, Anelka, Cowdrill, Meite, Robinson, Sturridge just off top of my head.  Most of those made a big impact for us one way or another.

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Cracking book by Chiles many years ago, We Dont Know What We're Doing.

23 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There seems to be more "played/managed both clubs" links with WBA than most clubs.  Megson, BSA, Darby, DeFreitas, Sneekes, Bob Taylor, Anelka, Cowdrill, Meite, Robinson, Sturridge just off top of my head.  Most of those made a big impact for us one way or another.

Hull might run them close - Phil Brown, Parky, Sam Ricketts, Okocha, Wilbraham, Pedersen, Mendy, Faye, Sneekes, Amos, Glennon