Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Diego Maradona


Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Casino said:

I'm chucking George best in the mix

Unpopular opinion i imagine

He didn't play on a fucking lawn every week

Died on the same day as Maradonna

As for WC contributions, the original Ronaldo got 8 goals in 2002

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pele was a master in his craft i stood in the Pele museum in Brazil watching videos of him playing and cried buckets  He was a genius, a simple man and he gave so much back to his countrymen

Why? To me it’s about as enjoyable as watching a John Aldridge warm up video - both cunts.

There’s one bitter red on here. No doubt he joins in with the “Argentina” chants at O.T. (If he’s ever been) Man U fans were hated by all other fans of English clubs when they used to show up at Engla

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

Certainly the best British player ever imo. 

He pissed me off once though on soccer Saturday when Jeff Stelling  asked him about the outcome of the Bolton v Coventry game and he replied, "who cares" at which the panel started chuckling.

What's the outcome of your transplant George?

He didn't care about that neither. Got another. Twatspatula.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the war years and our Nat had managed a full international career, I reckon he may have been spoken about in such heady circles too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

All of us of a certain age will always pick Pele over Maradona.

I will always think of that goal whenever anybody mentions his name.

Coming so close after the Falklands war, it was more than just a football game, especially to them.

The game was really symbolic for both sides but us honest, fair Englishmen will always feel a sense of being beaten by a fucking cheating handball and that feeling will never go away.

Yes, I saw his second goal but he should have been smashed off the ball before he reached the penalty area.

RIP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steejay said:

All of us of a certain age will always pick Pele over Maradona.

I will always think of that goal whenever anybody mentions his name.

Coming so close after the Falklands war, it was more than just a football game, especially to them.

The game was really symbolic for both sides but us honest, fair Englishmen will always feel a sense of being beaten by a fucking cheating handball and that feeling will never go away.

Yes, I saw his second goal but he should have been smashed off the ball before he reached the penalty area.

RIP.

Also who can forget the sportsmanship of Pele applauding Gordon Banks for "that save". A tight game on the biggest stage and yet clapping the opposition. Maradonna on the other hand, well his left one cheated and still wouldn't admit it to his dying day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steejay said:

All of us of a certain age will always pick Pele over Maradona.

I will always think of that goal whenever anybody mentions his name.

Coming so close after the Falklands war, it was more than just a football game, especially to them.

The game was really symbolic for both sides but us honest, fair Englishmen will always feel a sense of being beaten by a fucking cheating handball and that feeling will never go away.

Yes, I saw his second goal but he should have been smashed off the ball before he reached the penalty area.

RIP.

Very early in the build up to the Argies 2nd goal Glen Hoddle was brutally hacked down deep in the Argie half - no free kick was given, this led to the Argies gaining possession and culminated in Maradonna scoring the so called “wonder goal” . In truth the goal should never have stood. The Argies didn’t score a straight goal in that game and should never have won it. The officials were bent as fuck and we were well and truly robbed. 34 years on & I still hate Argentina with a pash, mainly because they are cheating slimy twats with no class.Anyway we won the battle that really mattered -  “Las Malvinas son Inglesas” as they say. 

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2020 at 16:10, Didledee said:

From footage he's the only player I've seen who I think is close to Messi, wonderful talent.

:rofl: Close to? Uranus Messi to Mercury Maradona. Miles apart and we all know which one is closer to the sun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Cards close to chest eh pal? ;) Go on, you can tell me. I won't tell a soul.

Absolutely no idea, I think they probably would have agreed in principle when it fell through in summer, Pep signing a new contract isn’t going to harm the cause

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

If Messi and Ronaldo both put 2 stone weight on each, Messi would be the better player

Messi has that touch of magic that can’t be taught.


Ronaldo is a wonderful player but has worked on his physicality, speed and shooting.

Messi just has that touch.

Edited by Spider
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few bitter England fans on here who can't admit Maradona was a special player.Face it lads 1986 was another bog average English team that were nailed on to lose the first time they played some quality.The current side is exactly the same, no world class attacking talent.If  Maradona's hand ball goal was  disallowed Argentina were still nailed on to beat the average side in front of them

The only time England have had the potential since 1966 was when Gazza was undamaged by injuries in 1990, but even then the Germans were too good.By 1996 injuries had ended Gazza's time at the very top and again the Germans were too good for England's average team.England haven't had anyone of Gazza's standard since and can't win anything without that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

There are a few bitter England fans on here who can't admit Maradona was a special player.Face it lads 1986 was another bog average English team that were nailed on to lose the first time they played some quality.The current side is exactly the same, no world class attacking talent.If  Maradona's hand ball goal was  disallowed Argentina were still nailed on to beat the average side in front of them

The only time England have had the potential since 1966 was when Gazza was undamaged by injuries in 1990, but even then the Germans were too good.By 1996 injuries had ended Gazza's time at the very top and again the Germans were too good for England's average team.England haven't had anyone of Gazza's standard since and can't win anything without that

That is total nonsense. England were the better team against Germany in both 1990 and 1996.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

You are having a laugh. At that level the best team wins the tournament.

I'm not saying they don't but we shaded both those games and the Germans were superior on penalties. To say they were too good for us is nonsense as we were the better team, especially the Wembley one in 96, they completely robbed us that evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

There are a few bitter England fans on here who can't admit Maradona was a special player.Face it lads 1986 was another bog average English team that were nailed on to lose the first time they played some quality.The current side is exactly the same, no world class attacking talent.If  Maradona's hand ball goal was  disallowed Argentina were still nailed on to beat the average side in front of them

The only time England have had the potential since 1966 was when Gazza was undamaged by injuries in 1990, but even then the Germans were too good.By 1996 injuries had ended Gazza's time at the very top and again the Germans were too good for England's average team.England haven't had anyone of Gazza's standard since and can't win anything without that

No attacking talent apart from the top scorer at that years finals you plum. Plenty of times England have been over rated but they were cheated at that tournament.  United fan talking about England fuck off rodge good wind up again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

You are having a laugh. At that level the best team wins the tournament.

again utter nonsense. Quite often best team doesnt win it. and when it gets to penalties well thats just a lottery.  Stick to Eccles and Leeds at least thats nearly funny

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.