Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What is keeping people sane

crawshawbooth

• Members
12 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Ticking the clock down, a wasted year on what little I did in 2020. Least year for meeting mates in the pub, having the crack for some great fixtures away and not going abroad. Last time I managed this was 1969.

Is that when you got your first real six-string?

Good shout with this forum Zico, I’d go along with that. Other things keeping me sane - watching us win games on i follow.Other things also help like Cooking/Eating decent food & drinking decent wine, but perhaps the number 1 thing is taking my dog on mega long walks in places where I hardly see a soul - bliss.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
31 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Good shout with this forum Zico, I’d go along with that. Other things keeping me sane - watching us win games on i follow.Other things also help like Cooking/Eating decent food & drinking decent wine, but perhaps the number 1 thing is taking my dog on mega long walks in places where I hardly see a soul - bliss.

Totally agree with that BB, nothing quite like it

Definitely exercise either bike or walking for me, even just 1 hour outside helps me, watching sport, and breaking up the working week I’m at home 3 days with couple of hours in the office on the other days. Also get a flight/ holiday booked something to look forward to. And last but not least keep in touch with family & close friends. 

Eating, at the minute. Slippery slope.

The short resumption of non-league football was a huge help for me personally, if only to feel 'normal' for the space of 90 minutes, but it looks like tier 3 has put paid to that.

I'm lucky that me and the mrs get on well. Dread to think how some others cope on that front. 

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'm lucky I am still out at work but the boss is trying to retire me (another story)... having the criach with the boys on site keeps me going.. 

I live in the sticks so big dog walks are brilliant, its a nice day today so might skive off later. Cooking (and eating) is something I enjoy along with a good wine etc.

Local gliding club has been out of bounds a lot this summer so I've done more projects on the house (I'm still doing it up) at weekends than usual... built an extra en suite bathroom and a jetty onto my bit of a river amongst other things.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

Its the dog walk that keeps me (relatively) sane

did miles yesterday and saw 3 deer about dusk

beautiful creatures

Saw 3 yesterday too. Had to keep the dog well away until they'd gone. Walked back and he still smelled them and fucked off.