Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Luca Connell

Dr. Feelgood

OK, just another club's player now but I remain interested in the progress of a former player who I was extremely impressed with.

Well, I say 'progress' but there's been none. Even in a pub league, even in the various cup competitions ... not one appearance in 18 months. Not even on the bench. Last night for example, 11 playing, 10 on the bench, not a sign of him.

In pre-season he got a few run-outs, was highly praised and then .... nothing.

He's fit, he's still saying positive things. Celtic are playing shite. Lennon is under fire.

If not in the first 21 selections they could at least loan him out. Not to us, though I'd be delighted, we don't play our own wonder-kinder unless by accident & we're 4th Division currently.

Maybe a lesson to players to be more selective where you go.

Does anyone know anything more on what's going on ?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

OK, just another club's player now but I remain interested in the progress of a former player who I was extremely impressed with.

Well, I say 'progress' but there's been none. Even in a pub league, even in the various cup competitions ... not one appearance in 18 months. Not even on the bench. Last night for example, 11 playing, 10 on the bench, not a sign of him.

In pre-season he got a few run-outs, was highly praised and then .... nothing.

He's fit, he's still saying positive things. Celtic are playing shite. Lennon is under fire.

If not in the first 21 selections they could at least loan him out. Not to us, though I'd be delighted, we don't play our own wonder-kinder unless by accident & we're 4th Division currently.

Maybe a lesson to players to be more selective where you go.

Does anyone know anything more on what's going on ?

It's a higher standard league than the one Bolton play in.

I'd make a small allowance to the little tosser in that he was probably influenced by a greedy bastard agent, but he showed his (lack of ) character by placing money ahead of playing football & furthering his career or showing any loyalty to the club that gave him his chance.

If he'd stayed at Bolton, he'd have played 1st team football & if he'd developed as expected, he'd still have got his move to a bigger club & the money to go with it long term.......but he was a greedy little tosser.

you cant' blame the lad for going for the big money offer when the club looked like we were going to the wall. 

the way it went was a bit shit but surely the issues around the club were a bit meh for him. 

I thought he was close to getting a game ? 

40 minutes ago, Big E said:

you cant' blame the lad for going for the big money offer when the club looked like we were going to the wall. 

the way it went was a bit shit but surely the issues around the club were a bit meh for him. 

He was in the team when we went down from the Championship

Unless you meant at Celtic, then I don't know. Seems they're more likely to waste money on shite imports

Edited by jmjhb

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

He was in the team when we went down from the Championship

Unless you meant at Celtic, then I don't know. Seems they're more likely to waste money on shite imports

He left when we had no money and were on the way down. I don’t get why you are surprised.

people can pretend all they want Celtic are not a big club but they are 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Big E said:

This is what I don’t understand. OK, he didn’t just leave a club, he left OUR club but in any industry, if there are rumours that the job potentially won’t be there next week, you start looking for a new job. You certainly don’t look at the person causing the issues and say, “You know what, I’m gonna stick around and help out the bosses who have, up to now, mismanaged us into the position we find ourselves!”

59 minutes ago, MickyD said:

This is what I don’t understand. OK, he didn’t just leave a club, he left OUR club but in any industry, if there are rumours that the job potentially won’t be there next week, you start looking for a new job. You certainly don’t look at the person causing the issues and say, “You know what, I’m gonna stick around and help out the bosses who have, up to now, mismanaged us into the position we find ourselves!”

Exactly. I know Widnes fans who hate a guy who left for Warrington......he left because he was made redundant