Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Getting Knocked...

gonzo

I’ve been fucked over in business plenty of times; companies not paying, going under, being dodgy...part of the territory but it’s still shit every time.

We’ve paid every supplier that’s an SME early since the pandemic started and also there’s one long standing supplier where I planned to insource what they do for me, but I’ve promised them I won’t until the pandemic is over. Got to do things in the right way if it doesn’t fuck you up IMO

On another note; not money but similarish to Gonzo’s story, I had not a cheap watch taken off my wrist in Manchester a few months back; random bloke did this high 5 thing, then had it off my wrist. Took me a few seconds to realise what had happened - I was literally in shock, then gave chase but he was already a bit away and when I got to Deansgate he’s disappeared. Embarrassing but I got done proper

7 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’ve been fucked over in business plenty of times; companies not paying, going under, being dodgy...part of the territory but it’s still shit every time.

We’ve paid every supplier that’s an SME early since the pandemic started and also there’s one long standing supplier where I planned to insource what they do for me, but I’ve promised them I won’t until the pandemic is over. Got to do things in the right way if it doesn’t fuck you up IMO

On another note; not money but similarish to Gonzo’s story, I had not a cheap watch taken off my wrist in Manchester a few months back; random bloke did this high 5 thing, then had it off my wrist. Took me a few seconds to realise what had happened - I was literally in shock, then gave chase but he was already a bit away and when I got to Deansgate he’s disappeared. Embarrassing but I got done proper

Professional mate regarding the watch many had it done

but I’d pay to see you give chase😀

• Members
14 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Was it not your scouse business fwend 👍

• Moderators

I've got a guy who's owed me £700 since September last year 

Seems he used my work to pitch for a gig which he never won

I email him every now and again asking him to pay up, threatened to go through small claims and then he piped up promising it was coming but he was struggling

Left it during lockdown, mailed him last month but he never replied

He's based in Jersey so it's not straightforward, I don't think, to go to small claims as it would be in the UK so might just leave it

Pisses me off though

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I've got a guy who's owed me £700 since September last year 

Seems he used my work to pitch for a gig which he never won

I email him every now and again asking him to pay up, threatened to go through small claims and then he piped up promising it was coming but he was struggling

Left it during lockdown, mailed him last month but he never replied

He's based in Jersey so it's not straightforward, I don't think, to go to small claims as it would be in the UK so might just leave it

Pisses me off though

Remind me in the morning, i’ll WhatsApp you what to do 

8 hours ago, Dimron said:

I feel for you, I was all set up, I did shit loads of work on football grounds including the Reebok and then things started going wibble because I took my eye off the financial ball.

These days I really can't be bothered with all the cunts and now work for a previous competitor on a PAYE basis but he is getting fed up with me although I run a tight ship.

As I've said previously never ever be afraid to ask for your money... you have earned it and you have mouths to feed.

Indeed pal

Its not even the dough that pisses me off most.

Its the fact I have to work weekends to do most of the work, especially the out of town stuff as I can't incorporate it in to my weekly and Monthly business. If I could, all this out of town stuff would be either subbed out or Id have staff off out there. Means missing my lads footy :(

anyone seen my violin 🎻

One guy tried to take me for £8000 15 years ago. Luckily I could see it coming and I withheld delivery of some items that were of value to him. He paid up. Apart from a small rubber cheque, I’ve been lucky. Knowing who to trust and who not to helps a lot. I was warned about KA. Didn’t listen. Still not been paid by the admin.

On a general note I’ve threatened a few with the small claims court.

(I’ve also been twice to court and won on none business matters)

Anyone not familiar, check the website. They illustrate a letter that can be adapted. It’s worked for me in the past.