Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sport Vale at Home

embankment

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Andy Tutte out for 3 to 4 weeks.

Bit shit that.

These injuries happen through the season, just a shame he makes such a difference. Hope he’s back for the bush Christmas pile up

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Was that as difficult to write as it was to read ?

That's what I was thinking!  No game in this league should be hard, if we pick anything like the right team and play near to our max.  If we play at the level of pre-November every game looks too hard.  We can't play well and still lose.

52 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's what I was thinking!  No game in this league should be hard, if we pick anything like the right team and play near to our max.  If we play at the level of pre-November every game looks too hard.  We can't play well and still lose.

Nobody said it would be hard but will be much more of a test than Vale and Walsall who we should beat with performances like recent games

20 hours ago, Rizlar said:

If Tutte is out who will IE put in his place ?

I'd love to see Riley given more playing time, but seeing as i don't think he's had a minute since his impressive debut then starting league games may be a bit of a stretch.

White hasn't impressed me in the slightest but if it's between him and Comley then it'll have to be White. Which is disappointing, I had some hope for Comley after what was apparently a rather successful season last year. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

I'd love to see Riley given more playing time, but seeing as i don't think he's had a minute since his impressive debut then starting league games may be a bit of a stretch.

White hasn't impressed me in the slightest but if it's between him and Comley then it'll have to be White. Which is disappointing, I had some hope for Comley after what was apparently a rather successful season last year. 

I'd go with Comley, not been impressed with either, but, it's more Comley's position, he did well in it last year, and hopefully now the team has stepped up a few notches, so has he

He's shown a his faith in White, when fit. Tutte got in when he wasn't & made the place his, but White will get the gig.

I'd rather he went for the jugular and played a creative player there ... Darcy for me ... but he won't.  Thomason is getting good talk-ups from Evatt &, of course Regan did very well in his outing v a team from higher in the leagues right now. I just don't think he'll take those sort of adventurous steps.

Comley. His record with a decent Colchester side last year was very solid & he SHOULD be able to rediscover that.

Who'da thought 8 games ago we'd be able to discuss options ?

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
Typo

Owenbastardcoyle would replace Tutte with Darcy......his lack of understanding of the role of the holding midfielder went a long way to making him the clueless, disastrous manager that he is.

I trust IE to bring in White or Comley, or at a push, Thomasson or Riley, & keep the same shape to the team that has turned things around.

• Site Supporter

Could put sarcevic in that role. Does some good box to box work and can tackle.

Certainly has a positive eye and will take it readily off the defence. 

Possibly use Darcy further forward then, or even Thomason pressing and tackling a bit further forward and maybe getting it to Crawford a bit sooner- so he can shoot more often over the bar.

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

No way Darcy is a holding midfielder, and without one we'd be overrun.

White looks nothing like a holding midfielder to me.  Surely they have to be able to put an occasional tackle in as well as pass reasonably accurately?  Tutte is a holding midfielder, if he doesn't play we don't have one (in the current senior squad) but its not compulsory to shoehorn one in, we should play to our strengths in my opinion.

Or just ask one of your better players to replace Tutte, and ask one of the midfielders to play deeper than normal.  As we don't possess an adequate, fit replacement for Tutte.  That "tackle" that White attempted on the Crewe player that scored, if he'd been 20 yards further up the field someone else would have covered, but because he's there he's taking other tacklers out of the game.  And if Comley plays, prepare to cough up possession 10 yards outside our box, and to give them free kicks to test the defence.  No logic.

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Johnny, don’t worry so much.

White will probably play.

Make yourself a nice hot mug of Horlicks and sleep on it.

We’ll be reet.

Horlicks doesn't go with Merlot!  Not worried at all, just having a chat about how we'd replace Tutte.  I think we'll beat Vale anyway, we beat Southend easily enough, its possible to win games in this league without breaking sweat.  And yes of course White will play, that's not in doubt.

Its just footy chat, better than what we were concerning ourselves with pre-Sharon.

Tend to agree Comley must have more in his locker than the shite we have seen.

Glad White isn’t ours don’t see a defensive midfielder in him & not an offensive one either.

Its Hobson’s choice really .Think Evatt will start with White .

One thing for certain neither  Saravic or Crawford should be given the defensive midfield role.

Just thinking Lowe got dogs abuse at times .He would be just the ticket now