Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sport Vale at Home

embankment

No complaints with the outcome of that for me . Where it mattered most Vale were Faster and sharper by a mile , they also managed to bully the back line ( ably assisted by the shit ref) and they attacked the wings with great effect . At the end i think their defence was less shit than ours and coupled with goals at damaging times in the match adds up to a bad afternoon at the office.

Hopefully a blip and not to much damage done to confidence . Isgrove looked really lively when he came on and is hopefully getting up to fitness .

The next game can't come quick enough and try and get today out of our system.

I think the 3rd goal just about saves it from being the worst humiliating result in Bolton's modern history.Bolton shipping in 6 at home in the 4th DIvision is staggering all the same.Think im right in saying we haven't scored 6 away in the league for many decades, letting that many in at this level is disgusting

2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He's been getting away with producing one assist or one goal.

Just give Darcy a chance at that role, I'm sure he won't waste the ball as much as Crawford does.

Would replace Crawford with Isgrove.

We defended terrible today; Baptiste and Santos had shockers but if they get back on their game for next week we can get the bandwagon rolling again

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

In January, Crellin, Hickman, Greenidge, Gordon, Comley and White need firing off and replaced with better versions. Assuming Faal stays out on loan, needs a striker too

Don’t think Hickman has done anything wrong myself 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Would replace Crawford with Isgrove.

We defended terrible today; Baptiste and Santos had shockers but if they get back on their game for next week we can get the bandwagon rolling again

Santos was shite.

Baptiste & Delaney were left exposed by the wing backs being nowhere to be seen.

It's one game, though.

Hopefully they'll not be as over confident for the next game.

I think White's the best option for the Tutte role though until Tutte's fit again or we sign some mon in January.

Just now, kent_white said:

I couldn't watch it all today so was on and off iPlayer. Weirdly whenever I got to watch it for a couple of minutes we looked the better side?

Having said that must have managed to watch about 15 out if the 90.

We were the better side apart from when they were the better side.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t think Hickman has done anything wrong myself 

Agree, but it seems that IE isn't so fond, so a waste of a squad place. May as well get rid.

Does Mascoll need adding to the list too?

Still think we need a strong, physical presence in midfield at times. Need to be able to mix it as well as pass it.

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

I couldn't watch it all today so was on and off iPlayer. Weirdly whenever I got to watch it for a couple of minutes we looked the better side?

Having said that must have managed to watch about 15 out if the 90.

Strangely enough, we did look the better side for most of the game. Going forward anyway.

What today tells us is that our progress from being a basket case to being a solid football league club again is not going to be linear. Thank god for those four league wins that took us away from the bottom end of the table. But we aren't going to suddenly storm the division an there are still big flaws. 

No fans in the stadium and the general situation in the world adds to the bizarre feel of things just now. I'm beginning to become of the mind that we use this season to get on some kind of an even keel again and then push on again next year with fans in the ground. 

In the context of 20/21 season we aren't the first to be involved in a weird result. VIlla 7 Liverpool 2; United 1 Spurs 6; City 2 Leicester 5 and others. 

It's getting a bit cliched to say this now but its Saturday afternoon and we have a football club to talk about. I might not be so magnanimous if we fuck it up v the bindippers in a fortnight.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

If he's any worse than Kioso at defending, he might as well retire. Kioso was brutally exposed today.

Is that entirely his fault?

Didn't see it, but should other centre half be covering, or should he stay deeper, and rely on midfield to provide attacking threat?

Or more evidence of missing Tutte?

At times, he seems to be neither here nor there, and wonder if that's something the manager/captain need to sort.

• Site Supporter

Kioso is a bit like Santos for me, when not on his game, he’s very poor. Luton have had him out 2 seasons running now getting the mistakes out of him then seeing if he’s any good. He’s a young lad and think he’ll be reasonable L1 in time but no better.

Hickman is just meh, a bit like White. Not particularly bad at anything, but not good at anything either