Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sport Vale at Home

embankment

A mate is watching is 1st game of the season and after half an hour he said Santos looks like a donkey.  I was like "don't worry, he's quality, just had a bad 20 minutes".   But made worse by having no full backs.  I will never come round to thinking that's the best formation, partly responsible for all 3 goals as well as the first save from Gilks.  

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

So a team that’s lost their last 5 games is now panning Evatts super motivated  and coached team.

says it all really 

I bet you’ve been so pissed off during a five game unbeaten run.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A mate is watching is 1st game of the season and after half an hour he said Santos looks like a donkey.  I was like "don't worry, he's quality, just had a bad 20 minutes".   But made worse by having no full backs.  I will never come round to thinking that's the best formation, partly responsible for all 3 goals as well as the first save from Gilks.  

Santos' performances turned around when he was pushed to the middle, where he can react to what's in front of him and sweep up, and they've done a good job of dragging him wide

Frustrating as fuck today . After the mad 10 minutes we played some really good stuff and on another day one of the half chances would probably have led to an equaliser. Sadly defensively it's been a backward step for sure and every team suffers from these relapses from time to time . 

Port Vale have looked really good in the final third full of energy and movement  , but I don't think we are totally out of it , I think an early goal will get them back on the back foot. 

• Moderators
Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It was a pen but he got fouled outside the box and that cunt of a referee didnt give it

Im surprised at you

Thats not a foul

Its shoulder to shojlder and the balls in playing distance

Awful decision

Anc their efforts to rough us up are going unpunished