Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Christmas present .......does she mean it?

crawshawbooth

Right so her indoors says at Friday tea , whats the point in buying each other a Christmas present this year ?

i have to hold my hand up and admit that in younger days i have fallen spectacularly foul of this feminine trickery  over birthdays etc

but this year does she really mean it , given that Christmas morning i cant just say "oops " and head off out the door with the pooch for free beer

Advice needed

• Members
3 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Right so her indoors says at Friday tea , whats the point in buying each other a Christmas present this year ?

i have to hold my hand up and admit that in younger days i have fallen spectacularly foul of this feminine trickery  over birthdays etc

but this year does she really mean it , given that Christmas morning i cant just say "oops " and head off out the door with the pooch for free beer

Advice needed

Do not. I repeat. DO NOT get her nothing. It's a trap. 

You're welcome. 

9 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Advice needed

I've heard that load of Cobblers a few times from my Missus , luckily I have always seen sense and brought something.

You could try it , but is there anyone you could test your christmas dinner with before you eat it.

• Members

My mam said this to my owd fella once. on Christmas Eve me and him went for a pint around midday, I said what have you got Mam, he said nothing she said she doesn’t want nothing.

After putting the fear of god in him, he supped his pint a bit lively and went into the seventh circle of hell to get her some last minute presents.

My Mam had gone above and beyond buying him a surprise holiday. I had saved him looking like a right twat.

DON’T FALL FOR IT 

Godspeed my man

4 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I've heard that load of Cobblers a few times from my Missus , luckily I have always seen sense and brought something.

You could try it , but is there anyone you could test your christmas dinner with before you eat it.

thats not an issue as i will be buying it and cooking it as usual

1 hour ago, crawshawbooth said:

Advice needed

We did it for us last year as we had a baby due and a few other bits. I wasn’t sure. I purchased a few bits to play it safe.  She meant it though hehe

To have an Odd Couple you need a Felix and an Oscar - two Oscars just doesn't work.

...It's moot point now, after Fat tat peddler Ashley's takeover and bankruptcy, but years ago I think it was L/H White alerted everyone that House of Fraser did a pre-Christmas sales - piece of piss, order stuff online, pay online, mooch into Manc on the 23rd, pick up - few pints on Shambles or in The Old Monkey and train home. I nearly fell for this trick once - she must've took me for a dickhead. Did the above, massive 'Daisy' gift set with big bottle of stink and some sexy apparel. Old Monkey and some bitter, home. Come Christmas Day I called her bluff and pretended I'd stuck to the agreement for a while - her words said 'good' her face told a different tale. I got a joke gift of a Gorilla onesie and some aftershave - she'd rowed back too.

Don't fall for it.

Shops on Daubhill are open Christmas Day - as one year, birdless, I ended getting pissed around town Christmas Eve day, when I was supposed to be shopping - my family had an eclectic range of gifts bought for them the morning of the 25th on Daubhill from the likes of Faisals, Kolas, Babaloo Pan Centre etc. 😄

You could always risk it and report back - get booze and you can always sup it yourself - gift it if you're in shit.

Put a score in a card. Job's a good 'un.

If you cave you must pretend you didn't buy owt for a while - toy with her and get a taste of the world of pain you'd have been in had you not deciphered her female contra-speak and fell into that carefully dug and disguised punji-pit

Edited by Youri McAnespie