Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ellen Page

barryk32

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

You are a Bolton fan. A Wigan fan would be quick to mock this, ridicule it and question your life choices.

What is the fucking difference.

It's a CHOICE you moonman

I didn't have a choice in supporting BWFC. It was a consequence of the geography of my birth, sometimes I feel this was unfortunate but I live with it

My story is different. But @ZicoKelly prefers to tell it...

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

You are a Bolton fan. A Wigan fan would be quick to mock this, ridicule it and question your life choices.

It's a CHOICE you moonman

I didn't have a choice in supporting BWFC. It was a consequence of the geography of my birth, sometimes I feel this was unfortunate but I live with it

You do realise you do actually have a choice you know? 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

:D So long as they don't try and stuff it in my gob, I'm ok.

I'm not saying it's something I'm a fan of, or a hater of, I just don't care.

I certainly can't understand people going out of their way to get offended by it.

Gay lad I've known for 30 years - I used to just call him AIDS. Still do. He's not arsed, I'm not arsed, we have a drink and crack on.

He's got a smashing penis by all accounts.

As I've said before, I have a family member who went the other way, from he to a she. An odd looking lady, but if she's more comfortable, so be it.

No idea what her snatch looks like and don't intend to find out.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

If I had a choice I think I'd have a lobotomy and forget BWFC.

Then I'll bog off to Old Trafford or Anfield or somewhere and only support winning teams but its in my blood so I don't actually have  any options

I was brought up being dragged to Old Trafford.

I consciously opted for Bolton over and above a family of rags.

I just found the allure of the paddock much stronger than the wankers in the stretford end

One day, Tom Hanks will put my story on film.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

I doubt you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Don't get me wrong, I get as bemused as anyone by the myriad "gender" options that you see here and there, but all that is largely irrelevant.

The comparison is valid.

It's a CHOICE you moonman.

You probably like lobby/tater hash. I think that's fucking borderline serial murderer food, but I accept that it is your own personal choice.

Accept the rainbow. Bathe in its beauty. It won't affect your life in any way whatsoever.

It's 2020. 

You're right.. I don't understand where you're coming from. Only because you make no sense. I have nothing against gays, which is what your implying.

You and anyone else can't simply change their gender when they feel like it. Yes they might of thought about it for a few years but that still doesn't make it possible.

That's what I'm saying and that is a fact.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

You're right.. I don't understand where you're coming from. Only because you make no sense. I have nothing against gays, which is what your implying.

You and anyone else can't simply change their gender when they feel like it. Yes they might of thought about it for a few years but that still doesn't make it possible.

Depends upon what you define as gender though. 

Can't completely re-model the body clearly but a hell of a lot can be modified through surgery and medication. 

The person in my family was always an odd lad. Very odd. When he eventually managed to 'come out he said he'd felt he should be a girl from primary school age.

That's a hell of a weight to carry with you, and a hell of a brave thing to admit and to address.

Potential to spiral down a worm hole of legal opinion though, as we are seeing now with some groups with differing views; lgbtq lot against feminists. A right pickle.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

You can.

That's the thing.

You can.

It’s not something I can particularly my head round - and I’m about as liberal as someone can be who has lived in Leigh for their 34 years on this planet - but @Tonge moor green jacket raises a tremendous point there. The biggest choice I’ll be making this week will be whether to put carrots in my lobby. I really can’t imagine going through such a tumultuous life that not only brings you to the point that you feel you need to make such a huge decision, but have the bollocks (or not) to do it. Do what makes you happy and crack on, fair play to him. Be a bit weird the next time Juno is on though. 

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

I was brought up being dragged to Old Trafford.

I consciously opted for Bolton over and above a family of rags.

I just found the allure of the paddock much stronger than the wankers in the stretford end

One day, Tom Hanks will put my story on film.

Philadelphia 2?

• Site Supporter

Never heard of her before now and probably never will after.

Why some folk are remotely bothered by it when it doesn't affect them is utterly beyond me. Why bother?

Plenty talk about the butch lesbian or the effeminate gay, surely this is just the same but they are now able to express it more in the open and be accepted as such?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

I find it a bit odd.

I also think let people crack on.

Im sure some will think they are shims.

Some will be going for the look at me factor. 

Quite.

Just a ruling today or yesterday whereby there will be age restrictions on when medical procedures (medicine) can start.

Been ruled that at a young age, kids aren't mature enough to understand the sheer complexity and problems with undertaking such a life changing event.

Quite right too; too many would potentially end up going all the way when just being curious/experimenting. 

Some sympathy for folk like my family member, but knowing what he had to go through even before having treatment to be sure I reckon pre adulthood is too early.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite.

Just a ruling today or yesterday whereby there will be age restrictions on when medical procedures (medicine) can start.

Been ruled that at a young age, kids aren't mature enough to understand the sheer complexity and problems with undertaking such a life changing event.

Quite right too; too many would potentially end up going all the way when just being curious/experimenting. 

Some sympathy for folk like my family member, but knowing what he had to go through even before having treatment to be sure I reckon pre adulthood is too early.

Aye minefield. I’m more offended by do gooder parents who won’t bring their kids up as a gender or dressing the poor sods up as girls etc. Proper turd behaviour that

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I beg to differ. The fact he (or she) goes public and is already in the public eye (ear) means you are obliged to get involved. Once involved, however, you then get to choose your next option, be apoplectic about it, shrug your shoulders and say, “meh!” Or somewhere in between.

Hold on. Are you really telling me that I am obliged to get involved?

25 minutes ago, tomski said:

Aye minefield. I’m more offended by do gooder parents who won’t bring their kids up as a gender or dressing the poor sods up as girls etc. Proper turd behaviour that

I think there's some parents absolutely desperate for their child to tell them they're transgender.

How the fuckety fuck is this story worthy of being one of the headlines on BBC news. 

Sorry - but the whole transgender thing has passed me by. Fair fucks - call yourself whatever you want but you are biologically male or female apart from a vanishingly small percentage of people who are born with a chromosomal abnormality.

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think there's some parents absolutely desperate for their child to tell them they're transgender.

How the fuckety fuck is this story worthy of being one of the headlines on BBC news. 

Sorry - but the whole transgender thing has passed me by. Fair fucks - call yourself whatever you want but you are biologically male or female apart from a vanishingly small percentage of people who are born with a chromosomal abnormality.

You are correct Kent 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Famous Hollywood actress becomes Actor, he's made the decision to come forward with it, and fair play to him. 

Must be pretty difficult for anyone who feels they aren't themselves, proper head fuck, and that change takes a lot of guts. If you're in a high profile job even more so. 

11 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Famous Hollywood actress becomes Actor, he's made the decision to come forward with it, and fair play to him. 

Must be pretty difficult for anyone who feels they aren't themselves, proper head fuck, and that change takes a lot of guts. If you're in a high profile job even more so. 

It's a surefire way to fire yourself back into the spotlight - that's for certain!

And I think we need to be very careful not to deny biological reality for the sake of what is pretty much a cultural trend. 

Again I think there is a vanishingly small percentage of people for whom this is a genuine problem. And those people should be given treatment, help, counselling. 

There are plenty more who are just seeking attention (IMHO). The idea that you can just wake up one morning and declare yourself to be the opposite sex and expect everybody to just crack on as normal is utterly bizarre to me.