Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A question about not eating meat

Rudy

• Members

Went to the local farm today to pick up some milk and a cheeseboard for my folks for Christmas.

I asked the fella how’s business and he said he’s doing ok selling dairy products but meat has dropped to its lowest demand since BSE. He said people seem to be going down the less meat options.

Hes throwing away loads of meat every week

Now I started to think, what happens if more and more people stop eating meat?

Doesn’t that have a detrimental effect on the environment, won’t we get an over populated animal kingdom? 

Is eating meat the way to manage animal numbers and maintain the equilibrium?

Am I watching too much Attenborough, am I smoking too much weed?

• Site Supporter

If we stopped eating meat then farmers would stop rearing it. The animals that the veggies and vegans care so much about just wouldn’t exist. I don’t thing the vegans and veggies realise that. They seem to think all the hens, turkeys, lambs, cows and pigs, etc.,  will have a happy life on some farm with a million acres for them to roam around.

Why chuck it? There's probably loads of charities who'd be glad of it - even signing waivers etc.

If they want a cock they're encouraged to put timber on - then flesh is harvested from the bingo wing area, it's rolled like belly pork is rolled for the oven. At the centre is a simulated urethra - usually a section of superfluous calf vein. This is attached in the relevant area and hooked up to the urethra and blood supply.

When it's took then a scrotum is shaped using skin of the labia majoris, one teste will be artificial, the second will be a small bladder which will be palpated to aerate an inflatable splint installed inside the length of the 'penis' enabling erections. A lot of faff if you ask me.

Cher's kid has one of these cocks I believe.

@Mickey

By 'they' I mean ftm trans,  not farmers - although having seen the big-eared boys on farms one never knows.

I don't think veggies and vegans are so naive as to think of 'retirement farms' , but that animals would cease to be bred if there was no demand - and when the animals existing died or were slaughtered that'd be it. It's no different to dog-lovers being pro sterilisation. If they're never born they can't be mistreated.

Chucking meat or any animal produce in the bin is sacrilege - even the most committed carnivore should agree with that,  it's disgusting.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

It's quite a positive thing if we in  the west are eating less meat as the east are consuming more than ever. 

Ultimately as a planet if we eat less of it, we rear less, less methane, less animal feed that needs to be produced, lower carbon footprint etc

That said, much as it's the right thing to do,  I couldn't be giving up bacon, ham or pre match pies. 

I've grown into the veggie options over the last 20 years or so after a health scare. Now I do not eat any processed foods including take-aways and I only eat free range farmed or culled meat on occasions out of respect for the animal. These days after my decontamination I actually find the smell of MacDonalds completely revolting.

Now a member of my close family has recently been diagnosed with colon cancer after losing another with stomach cancer I am going back into food fascist overdrive and there will be no red or processed meat in Dimron Towers for a good while.

Like any car. your body is only as good as the petrol and oil you put into it, if you put shit in you'll get shit out.

And before you ask... I am in my 60s, I have never felt better, I still work as a builder and any young whipper snapper who even dares to give me any crap will get it 

36 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Anyone fancy a bite of this?

"...The “chicken bites”, produced by the US company Eat Just, have passed a safety review by the Singapore Food Agency and the approval could open the door to a future when all meat is produced without the killing of livestock, the company said..."

They're going to start lab growing meat? Yeah reet, they can't even deliver a fucking pizza without it arriving stone cowd.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I love scoffing meat, I couldn’t be a veggie for any longer than 1 day

6 minutes ago, Dimron said:

What you have to do is stop looking for meat substitutes, use your imagination and develop & research meals without meat

A friend of my daughter has opened a vegan take-away based at Bradshaw Cricket Club. She was super busy on opening weekend, a couple of days ago.

Sunday tea was spicy vegan burgers and salt n pepper chips. I’m not sure why someone would claim to dislike meat and then dress their vegan stuff to look like meat.

My report: Enjoyed the salt n pepper chips. Spicy vegan burger can go fuck itself!

• Site Supporter

Agree with Youri there- why chuck it, give it away ffs.

Anyway, lab meat is a no no for me. Not eating as much meat anymore, particularly beef.

Maybe some people are preferring supermarket deliveries as opposed to going out to a shop.

If meat consumption is dropping, then it ties in well with the new environmental payments for farmers. Sustainably managed land with more wildlife corridors, perhaps with a greater degree of diversification. Maybe woodland and or biomass production too for an energy production mix.

Rudy- which farm shop is it by the way?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

As for overpopulation, the animals we eat are only bred for slaughter. 

Itd be miles better for the environment if we didnt eat meat as a whole. 

Theres loads on it if you delve a bit.

Carbon emissions, deforestation etc etc

What about converting to seagull?

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Went to the local farm today to pick up some milk and a cheeseboard for my folks for Christmas.

I asked the fella how’s business and he said he’s doing ok selling dairy products but meat has dropped to its lowest demand since BSE. He said people seem to be going down the less meat options.

Hes throwing away loads of meat every week

Now I started to think, what happens if more and more people stop eating meat?

Doesn’t that have a detrimental effect on the environment, won’t we get an over populated animal kingdom? 

Is eating meat the way to manage animal numbers and maintain the equilibrium?

Am I watching too much Attenborough, am I smoking too much weed?

Tell 'em to parcel up the excess and I'll pick it up and "distribute it".

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im honestly not far off going vegan.

See, lads, told you he'd gone soft.

Give up the ale, now the meat. Your hoodie mates will kick you out of the gang if you carry up.

G says you're a teetotal vegan nonce.