Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What are you most looking forward to doing when this is all over?

kent_white

3 hours ago, little whitt said:

Escape Rooms 

you should try the GERMAN one  that was a hard bastard to get out of

If the GERMANY escape one I did is true to life you'd have needed to reconnect the air conditioning in a way that blows a ping pong ball in the air with a code number written on it.

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

If the GERMANY escape one I did is true to life you'd have needed to reconnect the air conditioning in a way that blows a ping pong ball in the air with a code number written on it.

I think there were various acts in GERMANY including blowing and balls but not quite the same frank 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

All the usual family stuff & getting to know the newborn niece. 

Not teaching in a mask & wiping tables twice a day.

A long weekend bender at a sunny festival.

Getting to know some of you fuckers on an away day & not talking politics.

& of course, all the other daily shite that we took for granted.

Where do you find these sunny festivals? It's pissing it down 99% of the time when i go to festivals.

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

That’s the best bit

My dad loves Green Day so i took him for the day when they played at leeds fest a few years back.

The hill up to the festival site was like a river of mud, not been to one since. Think if i was to do it again i'd try what i used to mock my mate for and stay in a nearby hotel

• Members
7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

My dad loves Green Day so i took him for the day when they played at leeds fest a few years back.

The hill up to the festival site was like a river of mud, not been to one since. Think if i was to do it again i'd try what i used to mock my mate for and stay in a nearby hotel

First time i did Glasto it hammered it down and everything was caked in mud,  cleaning with baby wipes. Next time I glamped like a bumder and it was fuckin delightful 

Edited by Rudy

53 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Hire a campervan. Done that the last few I've been to. Actually the last one was a motorhome with a bog and a shower.

Tents can fuck right off

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Where do you find these sunny festivals? It's pissing it down 99% of the time when i go to festivals.

Haha... My past 4 out of 5 have been beautiful sunshine all weekend. Late May and August seem to have been the best times for it. Never had awful weather at a festival - I'm sure that will soon change though. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Haha... My past 4 out of 5 have been beautiful sunshine all weekend. Late May and August seem to have been the best times for it. Never had awful weather at a festival - I'm sure that will soon change though. 

One year at Donnington was unbearably hot, rest of the time it's been raining or just overcast and miserable

12 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

One year at Donnington was unbearably hot, rest of the time it's been raining or just overcast and miserable

Done Download VIP, it was so hot was glad of the shaded areas and lounge seated provided. I wouldn't do a festival without having access to decent toilets, not queuing for food or drink etc im not 18 anymore, been there done that. 

To be fair though, if I have to pay for tickets im not going either!

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Done Download VIP, it was so hot was glad of the shaded areas and lounge seated provided. I wouldn't do a festival without having access to decent toilets, not queuing for food or drink etc im not 18 anymore, been there done that. 

To be fair though, if I have to pay for tickets im not going either!

Last time I did a full festival was 09 Leeds for my stag do. Felt old as fuck then never mind trying it now. Ended up going back to the tent for a power nap on the Saturday and Sunday