Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Walsall

Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter

I’d still be tempted with White or Conley whoever has trained better. It has highlighted a massive gap in our squad though. We need a Karl Henry type player in there, Tutte isn’t going to fit for all of the season so certainly need better options than White and Comley

14 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I wonder if two traditional midfielders would help, sat in front of back three, then if wing back has disappeared up the pitch the centre half can push out into the full back areas confident a centre midfielder will drop in behind??

So a 3 4 1 2 formation.

There lies the solution to Evatts problem

Or one of the midfielders drops back to the attacking wing backs position and makes a flat back 4

Edited by masi 51

• Site Supporter
On 06/12/2020 at 14:30, Whitesince63 said:

Will be interesting to see what team IE puts out for this. Surely most of the problems are at the back so I expect changes there. It might be worth leaving Santos out and trying Taft and Delaney in a back four with Jones at RB and either giving Gordon a chance as a proper LB, or trying Greenidge there. Put Isgrove on the right wing and Fonz on the left and the shape might just look better all round. Ronan, Sarcevic and Kioso in central roles supporting Doyle to attack through the middle, something we’ve been really poor at.

You reckon there's any chance of him leaving out Santos? Then fannying the whole team around to possibly get Greenidge in? You need to stay away from the class A's mate 😂

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS