Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Apple iPhone 12 deals?

Blondi

Hi, I'm wanting to get my daughter the iPhone 12 for Xmas, we're currently with 02 and not tied in, been thinking about switching over to Sky mobile, not sure if they're any good? Does anyone know of any decent monthly deals for the iPhone 12? Cheers!

• Members
3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Hi, I'm wanting to get my daughter the iPhone 12 for Xmas, we're currently with 02 and not tied in, been thinking about switching over to Sky mobile, not sure if they're any good? Does anyone know of any decent monthly deals for the iPhone 12? Cheers!

The wife got hers with O2 this week £40 a month,90gb data   unlimited everything 

2 years 

Bought my daughter an iphone xs 2 years ago on a 2 year contract, phone cost £1000. Just before the contract ended, the phone is fucked - it won’t switch on. She looks after her stuff and the exterior is like brand new. I have a theory that apple kill the phones after 2/3 years through software updates or whatever.

• Members
2 hours ago, Blondi said:

Sounds good that, any idea what phone she has? 64 or 128GB?

64gb 

She pays £0.70 a month for 50gb iCloud extra storage, she’s done this on every iPhone she’s had and has never filled the memory or come close, plus that way her photos and videos are backed up 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bought my daughter an iphone xs 2 years ago on a 2 year contract, phone cost £1000. Just before the contract ended, the phone is fucked - it won’t switch on. She looks after her stuff and the exterior is like brand new. I have a theory that apple kill the phones after 2/3 years through software updates or whatever.

they've actuallty been fined for it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51413724

and they still do it, your daughters phone is in the list at the end of the article

but apparently it's in the phone's best interests

• Members
5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

and they still do it, your daughters phone is in the list at the end of the article

Fined £21m by the time I finish typing this post they would have made that back.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

That article is about slowing phones down, i think Apple actually kill the phones so you'll buy another.

It wouldn't be good business for them if all their phones lasted for years.

Like i said, my daughters phone was £1000 2yrs ago, now it's worth £0.

Fucking hate Apple.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

That article is about slowing phones down, i think Apple actually kill the phones so you'll buy another.

Fucking hate Apple.

I think we’ve peaked with phones. Wouldn’t surprise me if they started charging for software updates instead next 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fucking hate Apple.

slow down, stop working, same ball park, it's frustrating as fuck and you end up getting a new one

another factor is technology goes at a rapid rate, so a 2 year old OS can soon become incapable of handling todays apps

got a One Plus 6 miself - had it 2 years, only used 46% of 256gb storage, and reckon it will perform well for another 2 or 3 years at least

https://www.oneplus.com/uk

best phone I've had

Apple don't even let you upgrade your memory with an SD card

fuck Apple

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fucking hate Apple.

Daughters iPhone broke when it was 18 months old. Took it to Apple who tested it and found a processor fault. Replaced it for nothing. I'm sure the standard warranty is two years for a Apple and Samsung.

8 hours ago, Blondi said:

I switched from vodaphone to Sky in March as they had a brilliant deal on 

Got the iphone11 (latest at times), standard one (not pro or mini) for £40 a month. Includes more than enough data, calls etc. I’ve never gone above £40 a month. Was always £60 a month for the latest iPhones on Vodaphone but I did get Spotify with that (which is now costing me £6 a month) 

I was nervous in case the signal was Shite but it’s been fine 

It is a 3 year contract rather than 2 but you can upgrade after 2, think they are just trying to tie you down 

13 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Got the iphone11 (latest at times), standard one (not pro or mini) for £40 a month. Includes more than enough data, calls etc. I’ve never gone above £40 a month. Was always £60 a month for the latest iPhones on Vodaphone but I did get Spotify with that (which is now costing me £6 a month) 

It is a 3 year contract rather than 2 but you can upgrade after 2, think they are just trying to tie you down 

Yeah, think I'm going for the Sky mobile one, I think my daughter would prefer the 128GB phone and Sky are doing 15GB data for £12.00 a month, so overall cost is £42.00 a month, I don't mind paying that especially as me and the other half have got old phones and are paying bugger all per month.

• Members
5 hours ago, DazBob said:

Surely only 12 year old girls and Big E are the only people who get iPhone nowadays?

Work pay for mine and all my equipment at work is apple so I’m happy with it, I know there are better phones out there. 

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Sky piggyback onto the Vodafone network so it should be exactly the same.

Apple Wankers!

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Swapped to a samsung last time and I think its loads better and links up to all my stuff much easier, and was also much cheaper.

I switched a few months ago. 

Best thing I've ever done. Just wish Id have done it sooner. Spent years fucking about with a piece of shit phone.

Tons more memory, massively better picture quality and my battery is still going since it was took off charge at 5:30 this monring and I hammer it. 

Genuinely no idea why folk still use them bar kids and teens.

Doesnt help blondis request all this though, sorry pal :)

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I switched a few months ago. 

Best thing I've ever done. Just wish Id have done it sooner. Spent years fucking about with a piece of shit phone.

Tons more memory, massively better picture quality and my battery is still going since it was took off charge at 5:30 this monring and I hammer it. 

Genuinely no idea why folk still use them bar kids and teens.

Doesnt help blondis request all this though, sorry pal :)

To be fair, I get 2 days out of this iphone11, the previous iphone8 wouldn’t last 24 hours, but it was 3 years old at that point