Walking down Manny road with your scarf

the good days and the gruesome days

and the glory days

Merry  Christmas everyone

as we used to sing in the 80s / 90s 

” things can only get better” 

and

“ shout it to the top”

as a kid after the six weeks holiday travelling along St Peters Way and seeing the back of the Lever End and Burnden Paddock after a grusome drive back from Cornwall, looking up at the floodlights and thinking with pride "theyre ours".  Whilst on a school holiday in Belgium and our hotel having a Wadsworths Lift LTD, Bolton.

being told my bedtime stories off my older brothers of the match and violence, visualising it all.

Our town hall square back in the day and giving a mate a right bollocking for thinking it was exciting seeing our town hall on fire in the late 70s.

Hilda Baker, Stu Francis, Bob Williamson, Fred Dibnah all being on TV.

Must admit, i don’t live in Bolton anymore (but i’m not far away) and i must start by saying that in many ways the town has been ruined from the place it was when i grew up.

The Marketplace apart, the town centre has become a shithole and is no longer a nice place to visit.

I’m immensely proud of my Bolton roots though and it’s the people that make it special.

I remember at the start of last season after we had almost ceased to exist as a club, i took my daughter to Wycombe to watch our kids bravely perform against a far superior team of experienced men. The support for our boys was incredible that day & brought a tear to my eye. To be stood their shouting our support for 90 mins, for what we all knew what was more than likely going to end in defeat made me proud of our support which was very loud and proud that day.

Wycombe fans congratulated us on our “fantastic support” outside after the game - that made me feel proud of our town and our people.

Another one was in that square in Guimaraes,Portugal, on the day of the game, the flags, the singing - no trouble apart from a few high spirits and almost every person a born and bred Boltonian. I had a few specks of dust in my eye that day, but felt very proud (and pissed) 

Edited by Burndens Bogs

11 hours ago, Mona said:

Haslam park , when we had a bandstand and band every Sunday

flying down the hill on a cardboard box straight into the middlebrook 

fishing, paddling, peeing in the middlebrook 

taking flowers home from Overdale crematorium waste for your mum

the nevada

the nocturne

the Palais

The astonishment of Quintins on derby street

burnden park in the rain

burnden park in the snow 

burnden park in the sun ( 🤔)

normid 🙄

sue at the chippy

Walking down Manny road with your scarf

the good days and the gruesome days

and the glory days

Merry  Christmas everyone

as we used to sing in the 80s / 90s 

” things can only get better” 

and

“ shout it to the top”

I grew up near to Haslam park and can't remember a bandstand, you are either much older than me or my memory has been altered by keg.

A band would sometimes go on that bit at the bottom of the slope down from the putting greens but there was never a bandstand since at least 1968.

• Moderators

I was in town the other day, you can romanticise all you like, the back of Mawdesley Street (one of the nicest in Bolton) was overrun with rats, same with the back of Hen and Chickens.

Then there was a bloke having a shit on Deansgate, outside the new sweet parlour on the corner of Whittakers. Unless he was trying to imbibe a chocolate smoothie through his arsehole. The only busy bit was JustEat drivers clogging up the road near Maccies.

Edited by Carlos

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I was in town the other day, you can romanticise all you like, the back of Mawdesley Street (one of the nicest in Bolton) was overrun with rats, same with the back of Hen and Chickens.

Then there was a bloke having a shit on Deansgate, outside the new sweet parlour on the corner of Whittakers. Unless he was trying to imbide a chocolate smoothie through his arsehole. The only busy bit was JustEat drivers clogging up the road near Maccies.

Was he a stand up wiper?

25 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Then there was a bloke having a shit on Deansgate, outside the new sweet parlour on the corner of Whittakers. Unless he was trying to imbide a chocolate smoothie through his arsehole.

Fuckin' hell,that's depressing.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Then there was a bloke having a shit on Deansgate, outside the new sweet parlour on the corner of Whittakers. Unless he was trying to imbide a chocolate smoothie through his arsehole. The only busy bit was JustEat drivers clogging up the road near Maccies.

💩

We’re great apart from the town centre!