Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (a)

Spider

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t think we particularly deserved it and, if anything, we seemed happy to settle for a point after 80 minutes, but scraping a last minute winner like that could hopefully be a real turning point 

I'm not sure, as an away team we had way the better chances for me

We gave away ground 2nd half but were never under ridiculous pressure & most importantly that daft mistake / soft centre looked gone

I think it was a thoroughly professional performance and in many ways our most mature; this genuinely could be that turning point!

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

I'm not sure, as an away team we had way the better chances for me

We gave away ground 2nd half but were never under ridiculous pressure & most importantly that daft mistake / soft centre looked gone

I think it was a thoroughly professional performance and in many ways our most mature; this genuinely could be that turning point!

Very professional performance, almost a perfect away performance. 

Just brilliant!! Fucking absolutely brilliant!! It never, ever happens for us does it? Deep injury time. Always our end. Never their end. Two really depressing defeats and then this. We weren’t good in all honesty but like last time we were in Div 4 it’s results like this that gets us out of here

That’s a real fucking result. Get in!!

We were a bit juicy to win that .Delaney was shite the whole second half giving away throwins like there was no tomorrow.God he’s clumsy .Greenidge was bad but Mascoll eclipsed him for jogging about doing fuck all.That left side is diabolical .

Showed some grit though & Santos had a blinder.That throwin routine is a shocking tactic Effective though it must be.We have  superior forwards in this league but can’t seem to capitalise   & Isgrove although he faded a bit played well.

The non-wingback wingbacks are our biggest liability and I just can’t understand why Evatt perseveres with it , if we had any wingbacks (Kioso apart) it would probably work.All that short passing around our own box adds up to sweet FA.

Thought Thomason did ok again.His delivery is better than Crawford.

Anyway there’s nowt better than a scabby last minute win.

Get the Jack Daniels out.