Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

Anyone else read comments from Spearing along the lines of 'they play a certain way and haven't deviated from this all season'.

This is the problem, absolutely no variation on the theme. Now I'm not a football manager but pretty certain you can set up a fundamental 3 5 2 formation in different ways, or change it if not working out, but Evatt doesn't? So he either doesn't see it or his ego is too big, and this is a problem. And no amount of transfer windows will help him with this is my concern.

It's lost in the mists of time but pretty certain Allardyce used to have us playing a 4 5 1 or 4 3 3 dependent on opposition, I certainly remember wondering how he would 'set us up' against the better teams so it clearly changed week on week.

Evatt is a young manager and hope he comes good, but he has got to become more pragmatic at times to let him and us progress.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Would not surprise me if we went to Carlisle on boxing day and get a result, but the facts remain this group of players are simply not good enough to get out of proberbly the worst league in 50 years. The is not a good team in this league, one or two like Newport, FGR are set up correctly. At a loss of what to expect come the January transfer window. Part of me wants to go with what we have got and give more youngsters a run out and just fuck this season off and Start again come May less all the deadwood we have. The two lads we know are on trial are both players who would improve us greatly, but one is only with us because of a long standing hip injury so he would be limited to maybe one game per week maximum.

The 11 that started yesterday i hope only Doyle, Sarcevic, Santos, Jones and Delaney start the first game of next season

Darcy, Tutte and Politic would also start with a few youngsters like Thomason,Regan Riley and Sonny Graham either on the bench or around the first team squad.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I don't think they were advocating full on decapitation. If they were then I would agree with you. I can't remember a run of results, like the last 3 we have had, in all the time I've watched Bolton. I still put it down to folk being pissed off rather than hysterical.

You’re probably right. The inconsistency will really test IE, 5 wins 2 losses, a cracking win in against a good side, then lose easily to that shower. 
One thing he will know is who is fit for purpose and who isn’t, and what he needs to get in, whether those players are out there who knows.

Him being the man who signs the players now could be make or break.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

I don't think they were advocating full on decapitation. If they were then I would agree with you. I can't remember a run of results, like the last 3 we have had, in all the time I've watched Bolton. I still put it down to folk being pissed off rather than hysterical.

Folk are pissed off

every month direct debits going but we can’t go (obviously not the clubs fault) but we would vent our anger/disapproval at the game (but not booing as that upsets some)

can’t go to the pub with mates and get it off our chests so folk will sound off on message boards /social media, I’m the first to hold my hands up for overeating at times and sounding off but it’s pure pent up frustration 

Doyle & Delfonso are rarely on the same wavelength .Delfonso was so poor yesterday along with Isgrove who was even poorer.Thats three of our 'better' players.

I know Delaney has had some half decent games but if he is the best we can do as our left sided defender we will continue to struggle even in this league.

Conceding soft goals like those yesterday has happened all season & the way we are set up makes us easy to play against especially when we are at home.

Jury is still out for me on Evatt .Yesterday he was chasing the referee down after the game he was obviously angry about the penalty decision but that was just the icing on the cake for them we were already a beaten side , so why waste time being angry with the wrong person .It looked unprofessional  to me .If had been a last minute game winning penalty then it would be understandable.

48 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Anyone else read comments from Spearing along the lines of 'they play a certain way and haven't deviated from this all season'.

This is the problem, absolutely no variation on the theme. Now I'm not a football manager but pretty certain you can set up a fundamental 3 5 2 formation in different ways, or change it if not working out, but Evatt doesn't? So he either doesn't see it or his ego is too big, and this is a problem. And no amount of transfer windows will help him with this is my concern.

It's lost in the mists of time but pretty certain Allardyce used to have us playing a 4 5 1 or 4 3 3 dependent on opposition, I certainly remember wondering how he would 'set us up' against the better teams so it clearly changed week on week.

Evatt is a young manager and hope he comes good, but he has got to become more pragmatic at times to let him and us progress.

Good post.

If it's not working or you dont have the personnel to play a particular formation, then change it.

Asking right backs to play as left wingers - crazy.

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

How was non league - only we have got league history only.

Youll have to get up earlier if you want to try pissing us off. NOBODY CARES what you think

Yet your use of capital and obvious meltdown suggests otherwise 

must of been hard climbing of your sister yesterday and having to watch us dismantle you 

• Members

In Liverpool there’s one club with a stacked trophy cabinet, one with history and a loyal fan base abs there there’s tranmere

The retarded scum sucking scruffy cunts, with no history no fan base and Keith hill as their manager. 

Jog on petal.

Edited by Rudy

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

In Liverpool there’s one club with a stacked trophy cabinet, one with history and a loyal fan base abs there there’s tranmere

The retarded scum sucking scruffy cunts, with no history no fan base and Keith hill as their manager. 

Jog on petal.

Almost as irrelevant as UTD to you but cheers for the meltdown

40 mill being called in soon

the massive notlob now in 4th division, debt up to their eyeballs and a conference manager in charge