Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well oldham seem to be clicking considering they threw a team together I’m not having that one bit mate

Had seasons of excuses and below par performances

They only had 1 person throwing their team together and they aren’t under an embargo

I am not for sacking him I just want him to change this system it isnt working so please change it I am sick of nearly every weekend being pissed off because my team I love and support continually fucking lose and lose by players not trying and this as been going on for too many seasons now

As for January transfer window he needs to bring in several players and get rid of this dross in our club.

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Final 3rd has been a problem for ages, @Eddie has mentioned it a few times as have I.

Decision making and execution is just slow, hesitant, somehow just off

Exactly, time and time again we get into good areas and make the wrong decision or play a bad ball.

We’ve got the best striker in the league and he ends up coming deep to get the ball and create things himself because he just doesn’t get any quality service. Our “wingbacks” are shite, Crawford has been terrible all season and Delfounso is either brilliant or terrible.

I’m convinced that our best chance of changing that is by getting Sarce further forward, but our midfield options are so poor that it’s hard to figure out a viable alternative.

I know we’re in L2, and so the quality is not going to be great, but when you see Delfounso fail to put a through ball into anywhere of at least 10 yards of space which would put Doyle in one on one, there’s nothing more frustrating!

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

They only had 1 person throwing their team together and they aren’t under an embargo

Embargo has nothing to do with it we’ve signed last years top scorer and a midfielder where we offered higher wages than he would get in L1

Today was dreadful but that’s never a 0-3 game. They had 4 shots on target FFS

We just beat ourselves. It’s a habit we need to shake. I’m less convinced it’s about formations as I am that it’s about mentality 

IE has to earn his corn now; too many false dawns and it’s gonna get too late 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Exactly, time and time again we get into good areas and make the wrong decision or play a bad ball.

We’ve got the best striker in the league and he ends up coming deep to get the ball and create things himself because he just doesn’t get any quality service. Our “wingbacks” are shite, Crawford has been terrible all season and Delfounso is either brilliant or terrible.

I’m convinced that our best chance of changing that is by getting Sarce further forward, but our midfield options are so poor that it’s hard to figure out a viable alternative.

I know we’re in L2, and so the quality is not going to be great, but when you see Delfounso fail to put a through ball into anywhere of at least 10 yards of space which would put Doyle in one on one, there’s nothing more frustrating!

Aye.

One of the crosses that came in- fonz just stood there, watching it.

Our wingbacks are really fullbacks and don't really expect too much.

Certainly not fulfilling attacking promise and too soft going the other way.

• Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

Today was dreadful but that’s never a 0-3 game. They had 4 shots on target FFS

We just beat ourselves. It’s a habit we need to shake. I’m less convinced it’s about formations as I am that it’s about mentality 

IE has to earn his corn now; too many false dawns and it’s gonna get too late 

Aye. You're comment about beating ourselves is spot on.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Embargo has nothing to do with it we’ve signed last years top scorer and a midfielder where we offered higher wages than he would get in L1

So you’d rather have Kewell and the Oldham team? £20 says we finish above them

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Mid table mediocrity beckon.

Most of these players don't care, Delfonso can fuck off, brockbank is shit at defending and going forward, Delaney can't pass or tackle, and Isgrove is wank with stains on! 

Bit harsh. Brockbank was good in the back 3, and isn't really a left wingback. 

Generally just off the pace.

We have too many players who want to play but few who want to work hard enough. 

Today Delfonso Jones and Isgrove were incredibly bad. Brockbank is a fucking joke on the left. Delaney just kept giving the ball away. 
We never hold onto the ball for a sustained period of 8 or 9 passes. 
I have idea where Sauce and Thomason were playing. (Although Thomason was the best of a very very bad group). 

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

So you’d rather have Kewell and the Oldham team? £20 says we finish above them

I didn’t say that mate

What I’m saying is let’s not start the old embargo/hasn’t had the players excuse bollocks, he’s got the tools to do the job (well literally today)

Embargos?; one two three transfer windows needed?, DoF, no Dof? All bollocks that hides IE's inability to get the best results out of the tools available to him, (pardon the pun!)

That is my concern it looks like he has OCD and has no flexibility at all to change, the players certainly aren't playing for him; either because he is making it too complicated, they don't respect him, or both??

Either way these traits are not gonna change over time unless he wants too, he really needs to get to the BSA school of pragmatism rather than thinking he is the dogs bollox.

Why was he chasing the ref, just makes him looks a fool after that performance from his team!!.

Edited by JimmyRiddle