Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trampmere (H)

Steejay

34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Mid table mediocrity beckon.

Most of these players don't care, Delfonso can fuck off, brockbank is shit at defending and going forward, Delaney can't pass or tackle, and Isgrove is wank with stains on! 

I'd take mid table with this team, that would give us some decent wins along the way that we don't look capable of at the moment. 

I thought Brockbank did OK in a "safe" type of way, never going to be running a game at left back but his passing is surprisingly calm and tidy, reminds me of Holding with his composure (and no I'm not comparing them for ability).   But hamstrung by being told to play as a wingback when he simply isnt one, same as Jones.

Well that's another chapter in the book of     'Wank results against Birkenhead Scum' . 

I think we need to stick with Evatt though and let him hopefully get some additions on board for January . Regarding additions to the first team I think it needs 4/5 better signings if we are going to get this system of his working properly . But that again depends on them all paying off . My main problem with Evatt is the refusal to shake up formations and style of play either before or during the games , I feel this just makes it so easy to set up against us . I think though he is very lucky fans aren't in the ground yet.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Well that's another chapter in the book of     'Wank results against Birkenhead Scum' . 

I think we need to stick with Evatt though and let him hopefully get some additions on board for January . Regarding additions to the first team I think it needs 4/5 better signings if we are going to get this system of his working properly . But that again depends on them all paying off . My main problem with Evatt is the refusal to shake up formations and style of play either before or during the games , I feel this just makes it so easy to set up against us . I think though he is very lucky fans aren't in the ground yet.

That’s how you express your disappointment without getting irrational 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

If you are playing with wing backs, the midfield 3 have to work their tits off and win their battles. 
Ours aren’t getting anywhere near that in too many games and that’s our problem.

Away, the defence is much closer to the midfield to help them out. At home when the onus is on us, the gaps are there for all to see.

We haven’t got the personnel to play home and away yet. Evatt is 100% bound to see this. Whether we can bridge the gap is yet to be seen

56 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

As Cas said earlier; we've won 6 in 8 though

One thing we've learned from the last few years is that it can get worse, so be careful what you wish for

I'm as frustrated as anyone but another new boss now? can't see it

5 out of 7 for the 1st team against another 1st team.  Which is still decent to be fair.  It just doesn't feel like that watching them, they look so far short, its not like we've been unlucky in any of the last 3 defeats out of 4, the only "luck" was us snatching a win in the last minute (and thank god for those points).

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If you are playing with wing backs, the midfield 3 have to work their tits off and win their battles. 
Ours aren’t getting anywhere near that in too many games and that’s our problem.

Away, the defence is much closer to the midfield to help them out. At home when the onus is on us, the gaps are there for all to see.

We haven’t got the personnel to play home and away yet. Evatt is 100% bound to see this. Whether we can bridge the gap is yet to be seen

Like it took him 14 games to see that Crellin was atrocious and make the change?

We are going nowhere this season so it is pointless to pot him now but if it doesn't get better after the next window then we should change him before another season is ruined

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

5 out of 7 for the 1st team against another 1st team.  Which is still decent to be fair.  It just doesn't feel like that watching them, they look so far short, its not like we've been unlucky in any of the last 3 defeats out of 4, the only "luck" was us snatching a win in the last minute (and thank god for those points).

Ah that’s subjective 

we were awful today but didn’t get tonked

see, you say we look so far short, I’d say we don’t look far off at all; we don’t get outclassed; we concede shite. 4 shots on target against us today - 3 were goals including a weird pen and a megs that threw the keeper. Now we weren’t unlucky as we were bobbins but a goal first  20 for example and we reverse it and win by 3 for me.

small margins etc 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Like it took him 14 games to see that Crellin was atrocious and make the change?

We are going nowhere this season so it is pointless to pot him now but if it doesn't get better after the next window then we should change him before another season is ruined

It’s gonna take time mate. We’ve given a few managers too long over the years but this club has been rotten to the core for the last 5 years before FV came on board.

There isn’t a massive bag of cash. We need to be patient, there will be bumps in the road.

id much rather this fella than having kept the previous chap

46 minutes ago, desperado said:

Nonsense

I dont want it to be true, I want to say we look half decent and been unlucky.  But Vale, Walsall, Tranmere and Cheltenham have had the majority of the play against us.  And yes its possible to win a game while not being obviously better.  But player for player and in terms of playing to a system that suits the players and looking dangerous going forward, the opposition have looked better than us all season with a few exceptions like Southend, Stevenage, maybe Barrow and a couple of others.  Not sure what you'd disagree with there.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We are used to losing, just the manner we are losing and against absolute shite, yet we are no better, the players are wank, lack effort and show no intent, manager is stubborn as fuck.

And losing to that fucking clown of a manager is embarrassing, Evatt has been outdone by that cunt, he needs along hard look at himself.

He set that team up today, and although the players were absolute wank, he is fully responsible for that performance today.

I share your pain

I understand your frustration pal. But would we have picked a different side? I was happy the only change he made was Brockbank. I know I’m pushing a point cause there’s more aspects that are wrong but; can IE account for Delaney not jumping? Or no fucker closing down the second goal? Or the ref inexplicably giving a pen when no one knew what the fuck was going on?

I don’t think today’s defeat will be defining, just another frustrating episode on the saga that is Bolton Wanderers 

12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I agree . The worry for me at home is the lack of intensity after the first 10/15 minutes , especially if we haven't scored we then seem to go into a slumber and drop deeper and deeper and usually then buckle when the away side start to get a threshold.  The square pegs in round holes isn't helping either , hopefully January will resolve it . 

Sadly at the minute I'm kinda resigned to mid table and anything extra is a bonus . 

• Site Supporter
Just now, dusan nikolic said:

I agree . The worry for me at home is the lack of intensity after the first 10/15 minutes , especially if we haven't scored we then seem to go into a slumber and drop deeper and deeper and usually then buckle when the away side start to get a threshold.  The square pegs in round holes isn't helping either , hopefully January will resolve it . 

Sadly at the minute I'm kinda resigned to mid table and anything extra is a bonus . 

Bang on point

• Site Supporter

IE's way of playing included high pressing, closing down the opposition quickly iirc... Doyle tries, Delfounso barely moves & Crawford runs around like a dog chasing a ball but backs off if he gets near it, the rest either plod around slowly or commit at the wrong time. 

Today was a shambles, Jones & Brockbank as wing backs will not work, though Jones looked much better when he moved to the right. I'd like to see us go 4-5-1 as Doyle is virtually up front on his own anyway... It'd mean sacrificing Delfounso but must be worth a try. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

IE's way of playing included high pressing, closing down the opposition quickly iirc... Doyle tries, Delfounso barely moves & Crawford runs around like a dog chasing a ball but backs off if he gets near it, the rest either plod around slowly or commit at the wrong time. 

Today was a shambles, Jones & Brockbank as wing backs will not work, though Jones looked much better when he moved to the right. I'd like to see us go 4-5-1 as Doyle is virtually up front on his own anyway... It'd mean sacrificing Delfounso but must be worth a try. 

Jones started on the right didn’t he?? And then moved to to the left with Isgrove going to the right?? I’m beginning to think I’ve had too much alcohol 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Fonz isn’t a good player imo, I’d rather become tougher to beat by sticking an extra body in midfield but giving Sarce licence to get up alongside Doyle

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Jones started on the right didn’t he?? And then moved to to the left with Isgrove going to the right?? I’m beginning to think I’ve had too much alcohol 

I think your right . Isgrove was a massive disappointment for me , plenty of good control on the turn but his passing and crossing was nothing short of atrocious. 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Today was dreadful but that’s never a 0-3 game. They had 4 shots on target FFS

We just beat ourselves. It’s a habit we need to shake. I’m less convinced it’s about formations as I am that it’s about mentality 

IE has to earn his corn now; too many false dawns and it’s gonna get too late 

Bob on 👍