Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top and bottom of it, the squad isn’t good enough. It’s not rocket science. We had very few players, had to throw a side together and a good few haven’t worked. January should sort 1 or 2 bi

Replace hysterical with pissed off. Speaking for myself I'm seriously pissed off. We had a great away win after last weekends fiasco. It was tbe highlight of the season. Then we get served up today's

I'd compare Tranmere to one of those yellow blocks you get in the urinal. They get smaller and smaller but never seem to fully disappear.  And they stink of piss.

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Your absolutely right, but I feel you’ll be wasting your time justifying it on here tonight. 

Yes we were shit today, yes it’s so fucking frustrating, yes some players were absolute dog shit today, yes we are all head scratching (probably IE too) as to why we are so Jekyll and Hyde, but all those saying Evatt should be potted can fuck off, your opinion is null and void 

I'm struggling with the Jekyll and Hyde bit to be honest.  We beat very poor teams, but anyone above say 6th bottom looks better than us.  We managed a 1-0 away win when by all accounts we were 2nd best, and we all loved it on Tuesday but bottom line is we weren't the better team - we very rarely are, unless its against a Stevenage or Southend, and just above bottom 6 is our level for now.  I'm not saying whether that's acceptable or not, but we are currently worse than each team we're up against, and the fixture list says it may get worse before it gets better.

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Top and bottom of it, the squad isn’t good enough. It’s not rocket science.

We had very few players, had to throw a side together and a good few haven’t worked.

January should sort 1 or 2 bits out and I’d expect summer to sort some more out.

Nobody is happy but calling for Evatt to go is embarrassing 

Well oldham seem to be clicking considering they threw a team together I’m not having that one bit mate

Had seasons of excuses and below par performances

• Site Supporter

Have you girls not sussed out hughmungus is only after a reaction and is getting one?

Shove him on ignore or just ignore him.

FWIW, I reckon he’s hurting as much as the rest of us and doesn’t really believe the shite he’s posting

• Site Supporter

Where do we start. Impressed with Thomasson- needs to get a bit stronger, but at 18 years old used the ball very well.

Santos good, and defence not bad.

Midfield and attack slow, poor passing, no cutting edge. Fonz can't trap a bag of cement. Top knot seemed afraid of getting his shirt dirty.

Second goal was unchallenged even if it was deflected.

Still don't know if it was a penalty or not- didn't see anything live.

Need a couple in who will graft.

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well oldham seem to be clicking considering they threw a team together I’m not having that one bit mate

Had seasons of excuses and below par performances

They only had 1 person throwing their team together and they aren’t under an embargo

I am not for sacking him I just want him to change this system it isnt working so please change it I am sick of nearly every weekend being pissed off because my team I love and support continually fucking lose and lose by players not trying and this as been going on for too many seasons now

As for January transfer window he needs to bring in several players and get rid of this dross in our club.

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Final 3rd has been a problem for ages, @Eddie has mentioned it a few times as have I.

Decision making and execution is just slow, hesitant, somehow just off

Exactly, time and time again we get into good areas and make the wrong decision or play a bad ball.

We’ve got the best striker in the league and he ends up coming deep to get the ball and create things himself because he just doesn’t get any quality service. Our “wingbacks” are shite, Crawford has been terrible all season and Delfounso is either brilliant or terrible.

I’m convinced that our best chance of changing that is by getting Sarce further forward, but our midfield options are so poor that it’s hard to figure out a viable alternative.

I know we’re in L2, and so the quality is not going to be great, but when you see Delfounso fail to put a through ball into anywhere of at least 10 yards of space which would put Doyle in one on one, there’s nothing more frustrating!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We're inconsistent. Big January coming up for Evatt and for the club. 

Needs to feel like we're strengthening in the right areas. 

Going on todays lack of performance strengthening in all areas is needed

Just now, burnden said:

Going on todays lack of performance strengthening in all areas is needed

Wing backs - holding midfielder (which it sounds like he might have found with that lad from Shed Wed) and another striker. 

That would be the priority for me.

Today was dreadful but that’s never a 0-3 game. They had 4 shots on target FFS

We just beat ourselves. It’s a habit we need to shake. I’m less convinced it’s about formations as I am that it’s about mentality 

IE has to earn his corn now; too many false dawns and it’s gonna get too late 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Exactly, time and time again we get into good areas and make the wrong decision or play a bad ball.

We’ve got the best striker in the league and he ends up coming deep to get the ball and create things himself because he just doesn’t get any quality service. Our “wingbacks” are shite, Crawford has been terrible all season and Delfounso is either brilliant or terrible.

I’m convinced that our best chance of changing that is by getting Sarce further forward, but our midfield options are so poor that it’s hard to figure out a viable alternative.

I know we’re in L2, and so the quality is not going to be great, but when you see Delfounso fail to put a through ball into anywhere of at least 10 yards of space which would put Doyle in one on one, there’s nothing more frustrating!

Aye.

One of the crosses that came in- fonz just stood there, watching it.

Our wingbacks are really fullbacks and don't really expect too much.

Certainly not fulfilling attacking promise and too soft going the other way.