Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

Today was dreadful but that’s never a 0-3 game. They had 4 shots on target FFS

We just beat ourselves. It’s a habit we need to shake. I’m less convinced it’s about formations as I am that it’s about mentality 

IE has to earn his corn now; too many false dawns and it’s gonna get too late 

Aye. You're comment about beating ourselves is spot on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top and bottom of it, the squad isn’t good enough. It’s not rocket science. We had very few players, had to throw a side together and a good few haven’t worked. January should sort 1 or 2 bi

Replace hysterical with pissed off. Speaking for myself I'm seriously pissed off. We had a great away win after last weekends fiasco. It was tbe highlight of the season. Then we get served up today's

I'd compare Tranmere to one of those yellow blocks you get in the urinal. They get smaller and smaller but never seem to fully disappear.  And they stink of piss.

  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Embargo has nothing to do with it we’ve signed last years top scorer and a midfielder where we offered higher wages than he would get in L1

So you’d rather have Kewell and the Oldham team? £20 says we finish above them

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Mid table mediocrity beckon.

Most of these players don't care, Delfonso can fuck off, brockbank is shit at defending and going forward, Delaney can't pass or tackle, and Isgrove is wank with stains on! 

Bit harsh. Brockbank was good in the back 3, and isn't really a left wingback. 

Generally just off the pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have too many players who want to play but few who want to work hard enough. 
 

Today Delfonso Jones and Isgrove were incredibly bad. Brockbank is a fucking joke on the left. Delaney just kept giving the ball away. 
We never hold onto the ball for a sustained period of 8 or 9 passes. 
I have idea where Sauce and Thomason were playing. (Although Thomason was the best of a very very bad group). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

So you’d rather have Kewell and the Oldham team? £20 says we finish above them

I didn’t say that mate

What I’m saying is let’s not start the old embargo/hasn’t had the players excuse bollocks, he’s got the tools to do the job (well literally today)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Embargos?; one two three transfer windows needed?, DoF, no Dof? All bollocks that hides IE's inability to get the best results out of the tools available to him, (pardon the pun!)

That is my concern it looks like he has OCD and has no flexibility at all to change, the players certainly aren't playing for him; either because he is making it too complicated, they don't respect him, or both??

Either way these traits are not gonna change over time unless he wants too, he really needs to get to the BSA school of pragmatism rather than thinking he is the dogs bollox.

Why was he chasing the ref, just makes him looks a fool after that performance from his team!!.

Edited by JimmyRiddle
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Mid table mediocrity beckon.

Most of these players don't care, Delfonso can fuck off, brockbank is shit at defending and going forward, Delaney can't pass or tackle, and Isgrove is wank with stains on! 

I'd take mid table with this team, that would give us some decent wins along the way that we don't look capable of at the moment. 

I thought Brockbank did OK in a "safe" type of way, never going to be running a game at left back but his passing is surprisingly calm and tidy, reminds me of Holding with his composure (and no I'm not comparing them for ability).   But hamstrung by being told to play as a wingback when he simply isnt one, same as Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's another chapter in the book of     'Wank results against Birkenhead Scum' . 

I think we need to stick with Evatt though and let him hopefully get some additions on board for January . Regarding additions to the first team I think it needs 4/5 better signings if we are going to get this system of his working properly . But that again depends on them all paying off . My main problem with Evatt is the refusal to shake up formations and style of play either before or during the games , I feel this just makes it so easy to set up against us . I think though he is very lucky fans aren't in the ground yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ani said:

We have too many players who want to play but few who want to work hard enough. 

This. Spot on. We are pathetic without the ball, our efforts at pressing are half hearted and our tackling worse. 

A chronically lightweight League 2 imitation of the current Arsenal

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Well that's another chapter in the book of     'Wank results against Birkenhead Scum' . 

I think we need to stick with Evatt though and let him hopefully get some additions on board for January . Regarding additions to the first team I think it needs 4/5 better signings if we are going to get this system of his working properly . But that again depends on them all paying off . My main problem with Evatt is the refusal to shake up formations and style of play either before or during the games , I feel this just makes it so easy to set up against us . I think though he is very lucky fans aren't in the ground yet.

That’s how you express your disappointment without getting irrational 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bit harsh. Brockbank was good in the back 3, and isn't really a left wingback. 

Generally just off the pace.

Maybe, its frustrating, especially that last 3rd, we have to take the lead in games or we are fucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Well that's another chapter in the book of     'Wank results against Birkenhead Scum' . 

I think we need to stick with Evatt though and let him hopefully get some additions on board for January . Regarding additions to the first team I think it needs 4/5 better signings if we are going to get this system of his working properly . But that again depends on them all paying off . My main problem with Evatt is the refusal to shake up formations and style of play either before or during the games , I feel this just makes it so easy to set up against us . I think though he is very lucky fans aren't in the ground yet.

If you are playing with wing backs, the midfield 3 have to work their tits off and win their battles. 
Ours aren’t getting anywhere near that in too many games and that’s our problem.

Away, the defence is much closer to the midfield to help them out. At home when the onus is on us, the gaps are there for all to see.

We haven’t got the personnel to play home and away yet. Evatt is 100% bound to see this. Whether we can bridge the gap is yet to be seen

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

As Cas said earlier; we've won 6 in 8 though

One thing we've learned from the last few years is that it can get worse, so be careful what you wish for

I'm as frustrated as anyone but another new boss now? can't see it

5 out of 7 for the 1st team against another 1st team.  Which is still decent to be fair.  It just doesn't feel like that watching them, they look so far short, its not like we've been unlucky in any of the last 3 defeats out of 4, the only "luck" was us snatching a win in the last minute (and thank god for those points).

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are used to losing, just the manner we are losing and against absolute shite, yet we are no better, the players are wank, lack effort and show no intent, manager is stubborn as fuck.

And losing to that fucking clown of a manager is embarrassing, Evatt has been outdone by that cunt, he needs along hard look at himself.

He set that team up today, and although the players were absolute wank, he is fully responsible for that performance today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If you are playing with wing backs, the midfield 3 have to work their tits off and win their battles. 
Ours aren’t getting anywhere near that in too many games and that’s our problem.

Away, the defence is much closer to the midfield to help them out. At home when the onus is on us, the gaps are there for all to see.

We haven’t got the personnel to play home and away yet. Evatt is 100% bound to see this. Whether we can bridge the gap is yet to be seen

Like it took him 14 games to see that Crellin was atrocious and make the change?

We are going nowhere this season so it is pointless to pot him now but if it doesn't get better after the next window then we should change him before another season is ruined

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

5 out of 7 for the 1st team against another 1st team.  Which is still decent to be fair.  It just doesn't feel like that watching them, they look so far short, its not like we've been unlucky in any of the last 3 defeats out of 4, the only "luck" was us snatching a win in the last minute (and thank god for those points).

Ah that’s subjective 

we were awful today but didn’t get tonked

see, you say we look so far short, I’d say we don’t look far off at all; we don’t get outclassed; we concede shite. 4 shots on target against us today - 3 were goals including a weird pen and a megs that threw the keeper. Now we weren’t unlucky as we were bobbins but a goal first  20 for example and we reverse it and win by 3 for me.

small margins etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Like it took him 14 games to see that Crellin was atrocious and make the change?

We are going nowhere this season so it is pointless to pot him now but if it doesn't get better after the next window then we should change him before another season is ruined

It’s gonna take time mate. We’ve given a few managers too long over the years but this club has been rotten to the core for the last 5 years before FV came on board.

There isn’t a massive bag of cash. We need to be patient, there will be bumps in the road.

id much rather this fella than having kept the previous chap

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, desperado said:

Nonsense

I dont want it to be true, I want to say we look half decent and been unlucky.  But Vale, Walsall, Tranmere and Cheltenham have had the majority of the play against us.  And yes its possible to win a game while not being obviously better.  But player for player and in terms of playing to a system that suits the players and looking dangerous going forward, the opposition have looked better than us all season with a few exceptions like Southend, Stevenage, maybe Barrow and a couple of others.  Not sure what you'd disagree with there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We are used to losing, just the manner we are losing and against absolute shite, yet we are no better, the players are wank, lack effort and show no intent, manager is stubborn as fuck.

And losing to that fucking clown of a manager is embarrassing, Evatt has been outdone by that cunt, he needs along hard look at himself.

He set that team up today, and although the players were absolute wank, he is fully responsible for that performance today.

I share your pain

I understand your frustration pal. But would we have picked a different side? I was happy the only change he made was Brockbank. I know I’m pushing a point cause there’s more aspects that are wrong but; can IE account for Delaney not jumping? Or no fucker closing down the second goal? Or the ref inexplicably giving a pen when no one knew what the fuck was going on?

I don’t think today’s defeat will be defining, just another frustrating episode on the saga that is Bolton Wanderers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.