Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stock Market next week.

Ani

On 04/01/2021 at 17:35, Ani said:

::lol::. I find it fascinating. Not really the impact on me (although that is the longer term goal) but we get really bad news and it jumps nearly 3%. 

Another 3% rise so far today. Don’t get it. But good news.

I have some money saved up and thinking about investing for the first time. From what I've read online it seems that Index Funds are my best bet as long as I stick to it for the long haul.

I was thinking about putting half my savings in that and then maybe setting aside a small amount to invest in something more specific like renewable energy or something.

If anyone has any tips or pointers or websites or books for getting started let me know. 🤑

45 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I have some money saved up and thinking about investing for the first time. From what I've read online it seems that Index Funds are my best bet as long as I stick to it for the long haul.

I was thinking about putting half my savings in that and then maybe setting aside a small amount to invest in something more specific like renewable energy or something.

If anyone has any tips or pointers or websites or books for getting started let me know. 🤑

If you are new to it get proper financial advice. Do not listen to anyone on here. Before you know it you will have lost 24 hours, a suit jacket and have a slight coke habit. 

9 hours ago, Ani said:

If stock markets do not drop tomorrow they never will. 

Most markets on the up this morning, experts say if democrats win senate which looks likely that’ll move the markets down, if markets go up in the next 12 months by about 10% I’m tempted to take my 25% tax free pension allowance. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Mate...don't even go there.

Went into ARB who do bitcoin here, at 6.68p in October......sold out with a couple of quid profit.

Now at £1.20 fucking pence.

Where's the noose ?

I did get some Bitcoin before Xmas....

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I did get some Bitcoin before Xmas....

pretty sure I mentioned my ARB buy at the time on here.

Gonzo....stay off the front tonight mate, I'm tossing myself off the top of the Tower 😄 

Next ones are BLU and ECHO........good to gold for longer than I would 😄 

Re ARB mate, I wouldn't have the testicles to hold that long like some have....that's my only consolation 😄 🤣 😂 

The one who tipped it me had 40k in from 3p.

He has a free carry now and is ready to quit his job, not even 40 years old yet.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

pretty sure I mentioned my ARB buy at the time on here.

Gonzo....stay off the front tonight mate, I'm tossing myself off the top of the Tower 😄 

Next ones are BLU and ECHO........good to gold for longer than I would 😄 

Re ARB mate, I wouldn't have the testicles to hold that long like some have....that's my only consolation 😄 🤣 😂 

The one who tipped it me had 40k in from 3p.

He has a free carry now and is ready to quit his job, not even 40 years old yet.

Make that 121.35 to sell as we speak.......you fucking cunting bastarding bitcoin pissflap shitstabbing ugly treacherous ginger twat........not that I'm in any way remorseful  😊  😢 😭 😪 💔 😫 😩 😢 😭 

6 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Most markets on the up this morning, experts say if democrats win senate which looks likely that’ll move the markets down, if markets go up in the next 12 months by about 10% I’m tempted to take my 25% tax free pension allowance. 

Ftse pretty level today which is fine. 

I would not take tax free lump sum in one go. Once it is gone you can not get it back. 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Ftse pretty level today which is fine. 

I would not take tax free lump sum in one go. Once it is gone you can not get it back. 

Aye, that’s the conundrum, but if stock market heats up might be good time to crystallise it, leaving the other 75% still invested. I’m also thinking we’re heading for even more QE which might lead to inflation thus reducing the value more quickly. Timing is everything but I’m not going to leave it to long might as while enjoy it while still young enough. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye, that’s the conundrum, but if stock market heats up might be good time to crystallise it, leaving the other 75% still invested. I’m also thinking we’re heading for even more QE which might lead to inflation thus reducing the value more quickly. Timing is everything but I’m not going to leave it to long might as while enjoy it while still young enough. 

I would certainly get money out when young enough. That is what I am doing. Depends on other income as well. At moment I am pension only. 

Once you start drawing down be careful as it might limit how much you can put in. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

I would certainly get money out when young enough. That is what I am doing. Depends on other income as well. At moment I am pension only. 

Once you start drawing down be careful as it might limit how much you can put in. 

Tax free crystallisation doesn't affect input though? It's only when you start to drawdown after that, and that then limits you to 4K per year in

4 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Tax free crystallisation doesn't affect input though? It's only when you start to drawdown after that, and that then limits you to 4K per year in

Yeah sorry I was not assuming he only took tax free bit more if he considered other options. I just do normal withdrawals from mine so a bit from both sides. 

16 minutes ago, Ani said:

Yeah sorry I was not assuming he only took tax free bit more if he considered other options. I just do normal withdrawals from mine so a bit from both sides. 

How long does it take for drawdown money to hit your account and is there a minimum amount you can draw?